It’s on the 2nd but I observe it from at least New Year’s Eve ’til around January 7th. I know, I know….who do I think I am? I’m big on birthdays and believe that if ain’t nobody else gonna make a big deal about it, I damn sure will! So have yourself a slice of my vegan cake. I, promise, it’s good. And I hope you aren’t not one of those “OMG, I can’t have a piece of cake because it has like too many calories in it” people because that’s just annoying. Eat it! HA!
As most of you know….I am a newbie to the make-up world. Hence the title of my blog. I didn’t get heavy into make-up until about June 2007. 90% of my products are 6 months old. Brushes included. I am a PROUD newbie. I don’t feel bad for for just figuring out what tightlining is or for having no clue how to put on fale lashes. I’m learning each and everday. My top 10 newbie lessons of 2007 would beeeeee….
- Work on your own pace. And stop comparing your skills to someone else’s. We all had to start somewhere.
- Great cosmetics can be found anywhere….and for cheap (Walgreens Buy 1, Get 1 Free, okayyyyy!!!).
- Feeling like you HAVE to wear make-up everyday is, well…a problem.
- Don’t fix what ain’t broke (leave my brows alone!). And my skin. No foundation is fine.
- Celebrate being a beautiful Black woman by wearing something other than Burgundy lipstick.
- Ask ask ask ask ask questions…and not just at counters/stores. Sometimes they are just trying to sell you a product. Get the truth from make-up gurus (Specktra).
- Love myself make-up less and naked (TMI, I know but I had to say it).
- Don’t feel bad for being addicted to make-up. It’s a fun and creative hobby.
- Prevent impulse buying by researching and checking out swatches.
- Create a portfolio for fun. Because even if I loose interest in make-up, at least I’ll have something to show for it.
I’m sure most of you know these things already but they are definitely most 10 most important lessons. 2008 will bring such greatness for me. I can feel it. The same way I felt it for ’07.
My biggest anticipation for ’08? Not grad school, home owning or locin’ up my hair but the Fafi Collection!!!
Don’t give me that cyber-look. You know you waitin’ on it too. Peace my loves and Happppppy New Yeeeeear!!!
[pics courtesy of maxrev.de & leehansen.com]