Trader’s Joe Conditioner

| April 30, 2008 | 17 Comments

It’s been a minute since Clumps of Mascara has done a post from the Let It Clumps series. Let It Clumps posts are where we stop talking about make-up to explore other areas of beauty and beyond. That’s anything! Nails, hair, fashion, jacked up love lives..anything! Any suggestions? Let me know at Brittany@ClumpsOfMascara.com.

Today I have to share with you the best conditioner of my life!!!

Trader Joe’s Conditioner
..from the Nourish Spa collection

I don’t know ‘bout you gals but I’m not touching a conditioner that has laurel or laureth sulfates in it. I’m just not. Call me picky but my hair acts a plum fool when I get near a conditioner that contains these drying ingredients. And since MOST conditioners on the market contain them, I’m stuck spending a buttload of money on all natural conditioners or having my Mom, the hearbalist whip up something for me.

It has been awhile since I found a good conditioner. Until….my girl Nywele hooked me up with this Trader Joe’s Conditioner. Are you kidding me? This has to be the BEST conditioner I have ever used since having natural hair. It is amaziiiiing! And I know know why. I mean, check out listing of the first few ingredients.

Ingredients: Purified water, organic rosemary oil, organic Valencia orange citrus, organic mango, organic lemongrass, organic ginko biloba…..and it goes on and on listing organic EVERYTHING. No wonder my hair loved this. No wonder I didn’t get that limp and stiff feeling I get from a lot of other conditions. No wonder my hair soaked in the moisture.

This conditioner, I mean…I can’t say enough about it. Since I’m a no-pooer (which means I don’t use yucky shampoos), this stuff has been great for my hair. It even lathers a bit which really pleased me since conditioners typically don’t lather. And after doing my research I found that a 16.9 oz bottle is less than $3. What?! That’s nothing!

The downside about this?

Trader Joe’s isn’t located in Florida!!! Nooooo!! Good thing my girl got 2 of these for me which means it should last me for quite some time.

And to add insult to injury, I hear from HappyCurls.com that Trader Joe’s is adding Dimethicone do this product. Now I’m not going to act like I know what that is but it ain’t organic or some kind of herb so I’m buggin’. Now I really have to send funds to people who have Trader Joe’s in their cities to stock up on the “original” brand. Yes, it is THAT serious. I highly recommend this conditioner for my napptural sistas and anyone looking for an all natural way to take care of their hair. Thanks so much, Nywele! The naps thank you too!

Has anyone else tried this conditioner? What are you currently using? And does your hair re-act BADLY to sulfates?

Tags:

Category: Hair, Product Reviews

1. Anonymous says:

Now see why you gonna make me go to trader joes and I have locs! Conditioners really don’t make a big diff to my hair but just your review makes me want it! It might be good for the girls hair….yeah that’s it it’s for the girls…..rrrrrigggghtttt!

2. rmcandlelight says:

I live in Fla to. Can you order from them?

3. nywele says:

aaw! I am glad you love them! TJ nourish spa is da bomb! It is twinkle twinkle who introduced me to it and i’ve been spreading the word:)
    It is great during the summer and especially since it is so creamy and thick:)….i am glad you love them..how is the urgent slimshine working for you?

4. Sass says:

Trader Joes is the truth! love their prices!!
    glad u found a conditioner you love! why the hell would they add dimethicone to it tho?!?! if it aint broke…u know the rest. but they say all cones arent bad cones right?? i wish you would have reviewed this conditioner before i chopped off my hair and texturized it lol.

5. Anonymous says:

Dimethicone makes hair shiny. No big deal.

6. Afrodite says:

I want to used this conditioner soooo bad but I gotta use up my VO5 before indulging. I’m not going to encourage the product junkie that lives in me.

7. Brown Girl Gumbo says:

I usually only use Pantene conditioner, but I’d like to try this one! I’ve never gone to Trader Joe’s but I hear they have some great food too!

8. Grayburn says:

Wow, why would they do that to such a good conditioner? You gals should email the company or something!

Grayburn

9. nywele says:

Hey babes…thank you for your sweet words…finals week is so stressful!!I will be waiting for your verdict on NN…especially for the lippies..can you post swatches on your blog later on? :)

10. D'lee Trecia says:

I’ve heard great stuff about trader joes, but since finding it isn’t a breeze i don’t know… I do hate those drying chemicals as well. I have yet to find a shampoo and the no poo method is the best.

11. AnyaPosh says:

I think my hair reacts badly to the drying effects of regular conditioner. So far I’ve been sticking with Dove moisturising conditioner & I don’t know what the heck it’s doing to my hair. It feels stiff & almost crunchy when the hair is dry. Anyway, I guess there’s no hope for me finding this trade joe’s product in a small town in Ontario, Canada???

12. LovelyBella73 says:

This is a wonderful conditioner!! I used to buy it in bulk.. love trader joe’s :)

13. Miss Pretty says:

I use Rosemary mint shampoo w/ sea moss by Carols daughter. Its WONDERFUL!!

14. Anonymous says:

Conditioners don’t have sulfates in them, shampoos do. Sulfates are detergents.

Dimethicone is an artificial ingredient that adds gloss and helps hide splits so that damaged hair doesn’t tangle as much. It’s great if you have straight hair, but naturally curly and kinky girls should stay away, because it can cause build-up, especially when you no-poo.

15. Anonymous says:

Try Sunrise Scents (dot com) conditioners – and shampoos. Ive almost forgotten what healthy and clean hair feels like…oh yea and it s like 95% natural.

16. Jade Wright says:

I love Trader Joe’s and this conditioner with my flat iron make my hair look great. Thanks for the post – http://www.professionalhairtools.com/karmin-envy-pink-professional-tourmaline-ceramic-flat-iron-p-522.html

17. Anonymous says:

Dimethicone IS a big deal, because you’re a no-pooer. That silicone is not water soluble, if you use it with using a shampoo to remove it, it will build up, causing your hair to dry out!