FOTD Friday: Inspirations

| July 25, 2008 | 19 Comments

Yaaaay, it’s Friday. When I tell ya this week was draggin’, I ain’t lyin’. I really look forward to FOTD Fridays because I get to be creative and play around with looks I would not otherwise do throughout the work week.

And I love the collabos so if you have requests or want to try to “mimic” similar looks like Jamila and I did last week, let’s go for it!

Because I made the mistake and straightened my otherwise kinky hair 2 months ago, I have been dealing with a half straight and half nappy fro. Not a good look. So I’ve been rockin’ headwraps for close to 2 months now. Which I don’t mind. Gives my hair a rest and adds a little “funk” to my overall look. I have been wearing this African printed scarf almost everyday this week because I absolutely adore it!! This FOTD comes from the beautiful colors of my scarf.

I was rushing to work on this particular day (what else is new?) so don’t mind the “in car” photo shoot. Ha!

Guess what I had for breakfast?

Oatmeal! You know you want some, so don’t act like that. Eating oatmeal every day is good for you.

I’m not going to act like I know what that is on the side of my face. LOL! And I was going to do some Photoshop work to it but yall know I don’t care…..hehe.

Here’s what I used:

FACE:
Too Faced’s Creme Brulee blush duo

EYES:
Too Faced’s Shadow Insurance primer
MAC Firespot e/s
MAC Cranberry e/s
MAC Carbon e/s
Clinique Almost Peach e/s
Maybelline black eyeliner
Bourjois Volume mascara

LIPS:

MAC Electro
MAC Pink Grapefruit

By noon I had that “It’s time to go home” look…

Very fall , no? And check out the pimple I had yesterday…

It’s gone already!! Murad’s Spot Treatment is wonderful! Who else rocks oranges on the lid? Anyone, anyone? And what’s goin’ on this weekend? I know Amina from Coup de Cour is havin’ a biiiiiiiiirthday!!! It is straight bland here in Central Florida. Somebody invite me to a party in your city. I’ll fly up. *looks at wallet* Uhhh, I’ll be there in spirit. I’m sure I’ll find something to do. Have a great and beautiful Friday!!!!!

Tags:

Category: FOTD Friday

1. Amina says:

beautiful…it reminds of me India Arie’s make up on I am ready for love video….
    i love the kente headwrap too..
    can you post swatches of too faced blush…looks lovely:)

thank you for the shoutout..my bday is on monday;)….i can’t believe i’ll be 27 ….

2. Erica says:

I love your makeup days and your “But Black Women Can’t” series! Yes we can!

3. Tammy M says:

Absolutely beautiful!!!!
    I am going to try and do this look…I have never tried orange shadows before, but there is a first time for everything!!

4. *Jen* says:

You make up is always so beautiful!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and yes a collabo one of these days would be fab! =)

5. Fashion's Darling says:

I like this look and the head scarf!

PS I received the Palmer’s lip balm…THANKS A MILLIONNN!!! I think I teared up a bit lol

6. rmcandlelight says:

I love this look. Absolutely beautiful. Will you please do a tutorial? Looks like some oatmeal on the nose.(lol) I eat oatmeal w/honey every morning…it is good for you:)

7. Kat says:

Lovin the look especially the head wrap thats my go to hair style when I dont wanna style the do’. Never thought to try orange on the eyes. Thanks for the idea!

8. Lani says:

i love oranges girl. ;) you rocked it very well.

9. Product Junkie Diva says:

B I love oatmeal…lol…really I do.
    Also your makeup application is flawless diva flawless I say.
    You go girl and have the best weekend.
    PJD

10. xoxo Jaimie says:

Just gave you a Brillant Blog Award!

11. SuzieC says:

Very pretty! I’m going to try some orange tomorrow. Love the wrap…I’m jealous…I’ve never been able to tie it like that. I can’t get the bun right to save my life!

12. Anjela says:

I like this subtle look…you rock it well! :)

13. Irene says:

Hi,

Very nice beauty blog you have here. Found your blog after searching information for makeup reviews. Thanks for the great information!

My name is Irene and I’m involved in an online beauty community website called http://www.ColorMeGorgeous.com. I was hoping that you would have a minute to check out the site and perhaps if you liked what you saw… write about it on your blog?

I may be going out on a limb by asking you for promotional help through your blog, but I hope you find ColorMeGorgeous.com to be as news worthy/helpful as I perceive it to be. There’s still a lot of work to be done with it, but I’m working on it. It’s hard to compete when you’re a small fish in a huge sea with huge sites like MUA and the likes, but I do what I can :) My favorite part of the site is the ‘critic’s corner’ where members can review or read up on various product reviews for makeup and skincare. Then there’s always the forum, the photo gallery, the ask a makeup artist page, etc.

Thanks for your time :)

Best,
    Irene

14. Askmewhats says:

you looked gorgeous!!! and oatmeal?? yeah!! Good for you!!! i know I should have my daily dose of oatmeal.there are just some days I don’t feel it !Lol

15. gio says:

I love this look, it is gorgeous! It looks great on you

16. janel says:

hi brittany! gorgeous look! i love oranges/rusts on they eye. what did you use to make the color stay vibrant? i hve trouble with some of my “hot” colors (hot pink, red, orange, etc) staying vibrant throughtout the day–they seem to fade. any suggestions? i use a primer by rimmel london. thanks and be blessed, hugs and peace…janel

17. juvenescent says:

Brit, you look so pretty. AND your skin is clearing up and glowing like never before. I don’t know if you can see it like we see it. That one lil pimple, ignore it.

Now I want oatmeal. Thanks a lot.

18. Apple Diva says:

I love the e/s combo…Wow, you made Firespot look magical!!

19. ShanSoPink says:

where do you get your hair wraps from?