Primer Comparisons

| July 17, 2008 | 9 Comments

Happy Thursday, loves!! Can you believe that the weekend is almost here? Yessss!!! I figured I would drop a vid on one of my newest experiments. I haven’t actually compared them side by side like my girl Julie has but one can’t help but be intrigued by the idea that Too Faced’s Shadow Insurance may one up Urban Decay’s Primer Potion.

….to my newbies out there, don’t even think about applying eyeshadow without a primer. The cult fave is Urban Decay Primer Potion (also known as UDPP) but I have also found success in concealer. I just recently purchased Too Faced’s Shadow Insurance and haven’t played around in it much with am glad to see that Julie has done the comparisons.

Check out her video by clicking on the link below.

…..do you have a preference in primers on your lids?

….and have you checked out Clumps of Mascara’s column on MahoganyButterfly.com? I am so fortunate to be able to contribute to a website by and for Black women.

….I have 3 winners from Monday’s contest but I am lookin’ for oooooone more. Guess where I was born win a Palmer’s Lip Butter. Here is the post.

Big love to JulieG. Her YouTube Channel is amazement!

Stay beautiful, lovelies!

…ooohhh and here’s that wonderful v05 Flirting game again. I’ve already played 6 times today.

For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com

Tags: , , ,

Category: Uncategorized

1. xoxo Jaimie says:

I love UDPP, I don’t find it really hard to blend with either like some people have. But I agree about the concealer. Sometimes I just use that and it works really well. Thanks for the info, love!

2. Amina says:

I’ve never tried eye primers..
    I used MAC brown down as a base.

3. Koffee "Trecia" says:

I knew primers where somthing.. I had to be beggin that girl over at the MAC counter what i could use.. whatever the heck she put on kind of worked but nah it wasn’t the bisness…

4. Tammy M says:

I like Loreal De-Crease and MAC Paint pots as a base….no creasing eyelids here!

5. LBIC says:

UDPP is my fave primer. have you tried mac’s face primer? I’ve heard good things but haven’t tried anything. I should get on that given i have oily skin. and yes, i’m totally suggesting you do a review lol.

6. PBW says:

I haven’t tried eyeshadow primer. Will check out the Urban Decay one next time I’m in Sephora!!!!

7. Askmewhats says:

I haven’t tried others, I want to try too faced, but I’ve used UDPP and it works fine for me :)

8. Fashion's Darling says:

i’ve never used primers. I tried udpp at sephora but it looked somewhat ashy on me but then again i didn’t give it a fair shot.

9. Kieya says:

i never used primers until a friend of mine told me to try it. and i realized the drastic difference. i have heard wonderful things about urban decay’s primer too….i need to get it