Mascara Monday: Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara

| August 11, 2008 | 31 Comments

It’s Moooooonday! I had a wonderful weekend with my lovely Ari over at Fashion Devotee. Her blog is on a little hiatus but she’ll be back soon. Now let me share with you the most recent mascara review!

Neutrogena Healthy
Volume Mascara

Price: 5 out of 5 (under $6 regular price)

Packaging (Brush Wand): 3 out of 5

Overall: 5 out of 5

What it claims: “This lash-enhancing mascara instantly builds lash volume by 400%. The patent-pending formula with a touch of olive oil penetrates and helps plump the core of each and every lash. The Visible Volume Brush coats and builds even the smallest lashes with rich, volume-building color. No clumps, smudging or flaking!” (source)

The truth: Wow! This is seriously a great mascara! I am extremely impressed.

What I loved about it: This mascara being on sale at Target for less than $5 is really what inspired me to purchase it. That and the the claim of making your lashes 400x fuller. Now I know I exaggerate everything, but Neutrogena was straight trippin’ making a claim like that. But do you get some volume? Absolutely!!! I noticed a serious difference after applying the first coat. And even after applying 3 coats, I didn’t get any clumps. It is the truth!

What I didn’t like: Wah waaaa, I’m such a stickler about my brushes so of course I would have loved if the bush was smaller but whatev. I can’t complain because of the performance that this brush gives.

Would I purchase again?: Sho nuff! (who else says this…lol?) And those looking for extreme volume should too. It is definitely a great budget buy! I love when you can find cheap mascaras that work well. Go buy it nooooow!

The pictures below aren’t the BEST but it shows the BEFORE and AFTER of applying one coat of Neutrogena’s Healthy Volume Mascara.

I took them while giving my hair a deep conditioner. I couldn’t find my shower cap so ya girl had to uhhhh, do some improvising. Ha!!

That picture should probably be embarrassing but whatev. You folx know I love keepin’ it real.

So who would have thought that Neutrogena would have such a great mascara? I’m sold! Have you tried this? Or would you be inclined to try it? Now that I think about it….Neutrogena has quite a cosmetic selection. Anyone own anything from them? Keep sendin’ me reviews at Brittany@ClumpsOfMascara.com.

(photo credit)

Tags: ,

Category: Mascara Monday

1. Fashion's Darling says:

is that a plastic bag???!? haha nice.

But i never really considered neutrogena. only once and that’s when I went through a whole healthy, fresh face blah blah blah but never bought the mascara. knowing how I end up buying what you say this might be in my makeup bag within the next couple of days hahaha

muchos gracias

2. Shefali says:

Wow…I’m so trying this out!

3. ShanSoPink says:

lol we do the plastic bag thing at my house all the time!

4. Askmewhats says:

Never tried Neutrogena cosmetics in my life! BUt if I did find them, will let you know which are the great ones! :)

I love and nearly laughed with your improvised shower cap!!! LOL I do THE SAME!!!! I hate it that i always misplace my shower cap but GIRL! If it works, IT works who cares right???

You look so cute and I can see the difference on the before and after shot! But just to let you know, even without mascara, your lashes are gorgeous *pouts* UNFAIR! :P

5. rmcandlelight says:

Got to use them plastic bags for something. (lol)

I use Neutrogena’s makeup remover and love it. Have to give the mascara a try. Is it still on sale at Target?

6. Jaimie @ Just Kiss 'N Makeup says:

I SAY THAT LOL. I think cause of The Last Dragon, with Bruce Lee-roy and Show-nuff…the baddest mofo low down around this town lol…that review is bangin. i love the pictures of it.

7. B says:

FD–> Girl yesss, that is a plastic bag. LOL! I think you will love this mascara, it is great!

Shefali–> Yes ma'am, go for it!

ShanSoPink–> I knew I wasn't the only one! :)

Nikki–> One time for the plastic bags on the head! Ummm, girl, don't let the pictures fool you, my lashes are almost non-existent. Oh well. We're still fine either way!

rmcandlelight–> Riiiight! I have tried their make-up remover and love it! The mascara was on sale last week but I don't think so this week. No worries, I'm sure it'll be back on sale before the end of the month.

Jaimie–> You so silly! Shoooo nuff!

8. LovelyBella73 says:

Girl, and you know I do the same thing with the plastic bag!!

And I just may have to try this mascara. Thanks for the great review.

9. yummy411 says:

thanks for the review. the last time i caught some mascara on sale at target, it was the last of the batch, dried out and no good. hence, i’m always skeptical, but i’ll have to give neutragena a shot..

the plastic bag…. keeping it real!!!! LMAO!

10. Tammy M says:

I am really impressed and may have to pick this mascara up! It works AND is cheap, hello! I am all over that…and I do the same thing with the plastic bag, LOL! I look at it this way, it’s good for the enviroment to recycle! Keep it real!

11. PBW says:

I’m going to pick up that mascara on my next Target run.

Good idea on the plastic bag. I’m always running out of conditioning caps.

12. Kieya says:

i didn't know neutrogena made mascara…hmm, i'll have to hit up target & see whats good

LMAO @ the plastic bag…hey girl, do what u gotta do lol

13. phatblackchick says:

What are you wearing on your eyes? I’m feelin that more than the mascara (Sorry, but I’m a loyal Maybelline Lash Stylish wearer.)

14. Gangstarr Girl says:

Once again, I’m forced to admit my eyelash envy lol. But I might give it a try despite my discouragement.

15. Brown Girl Gumbo says:

Ooh pretty!!! I love Neutrogena’s products. I really didn’t know they had mascara.

16. Product Junkie Diva says:

thanks for the review. your lashes look great.
    PJD

17. Anjela says:

I always pass this up while I’m in Wal-Mart…now i have to backtrack and pick it up! Thanks for keeping it real with the plastic bag…what a way to be resourceful!! Btw, what deep conditioner were you using?

18. Jamila says:

LMAO! Why am I posting this comment wearing a plastic bag on my head! Shucks! Ain’t no shame! Target has the best plastic bags by the way. They aren’t as noisy as others. I always get extras to use for my deep conditioning.

19. SuzieC says:

Many a time I rocked the plastic bag…I have never thought to try Neutrogena makeup, I just may give it a chance!!

20. :Fashion Frenzy: says:

I keep hearing wonderful things about Neutrogena, I will have to try some of the products.

21. B says:

LB–> You know that's how we do it in North FLA/south GA!

Yums–> When keepin' it real goes wrong: that picture ending up in Allure magazine. HAAA!!!

Tammy–> that's right, uh? It's eco friendly beauty!

PBW–> Love you lots. Check your mailbox this week. :)

Kieya–> Giiiirl yeah. You betta recognize! This mascara is the truth.

PBC–> Stay tuned for that look. It's a Too Faced & MAC color combo!

GGirl–> You're so silly!

Anjela–> It was just a Trader's Joe Conditioner with some jojoba oil. Nothin' special.

22. Beautifully.Conjured.Up says:

Girl, there isn’t anything wrong with a plastic bag…I wear them when I shower b/c my hair is big/curly/poofy.

BTW, nice eye makeup :)

23. ohsoshy says:

We are so >here< with the shower cap lol. Anywhoo, I've used everything by Neutrogena except for their cosmetics. I admit passing them up because there are no colors for WOC (powder/foundation wise), but maybe I'll catch the next sale and check them out.

24. The Home Spa Goddess says:

I’m using this now and I’m not impressed. It is so light to me. And that wand is HUGE!

25. Grayburn says:

That is tempting!

x Grayburn

26. *Jen* says:

i need to try this B! it looks great on you

27. Fabu-less Beauty says:

Thanks for this! How would you compare this to CG’s Lash Exact?

28. B says:

Neutrogena is 10x better than CG Lash Exact. Try it. :)

29. Amirose says:

I have tried it and i loved it (it doesn’t leave ur lashes all brittle and dry and stuff) but typical me I lost it :-(, so i’m gonna get another one, but for real, i tried that new bare essentials mascara from maybelline i believe, (got it on sale, bogo) i enjoy it a lot too, it keeps ur lashes soft (no hard dry brittle texture) and it lengthens, and doesn’t really clump too much, its a good look, but i’m defs gonna hit up neutrogena again :-)

Don’t even play, the plastic bag is clutch, i can appreciate that :-)

30. Anonymous says:

I am a mascara whore. I am always in love with the next greatest mascara. I am going to go get this now cuz you can never get enough volume.

31. Anonymous says:

I usually don't wear make-up because I have a natural complexion and naturally long lashes. But I do have to make-up for dance performances. I bought this mascara because I use their acne products. I'm in loooove with this mascara! I wasn't lucky enough to get it on sale but it was totally worth the money(: