Amor de Lacquer Debut!

| November 20, 2008 | 22 Comments

Welcome to the inaugural post from the Amor de Lacquer series! Do yall like that name? It took me ages to come up with something witty, catchy and memorable. Please visit the poll on the left hand side to tell me what you think about this series. I’d greatly appreciate it!

Amor de Lacquer will discuss any and everything under the nail umbrella…and let me tell you, that encompasses a lot. We can talk about upcoming collections, general nail care, what not to wear (neon green polish at an interview? Uhhh…) and even nail news. Like…..fish pedicures and men rockin’ nail polish. Yes, despite what you may think or have heard, nail polish is HUGE. And I’ve got a list of bloggers around the world who would co-sign to that statement.

“But B….I don’t even wear nail polish.”

“I’m a chronic nail biter.”

“Colorful tips and designs are so 8th grade.”

Yeah…I’ve heard it all. No matter your position on nail polish/care, I think you will find some interest in this series and enourage you to send me an email any time you have an idea or suggestion.

So what do you think?

An excited new venture for Clumps of Mascara?
A waste of time?
Don’t care either way?

An Amor de Lacquer post will never be complete without a NOTD (nail of the day). Check out a sloppy application of Zoya’s Kalista from their winter Flourish collection.

Zoya describes this color as “Metallic mahogany brown with gilded sparkle highlights” (source). I would say that’s a pretty accurate description. I only needed two coats and topped it off with Poshe fast drying nail polish.

I used Konad m36 plate for the ring fingers.

You can cop Zoya’s Kalista for $6 at zoya.com. Yes, they are only sold online. And don’t get to gripping. The customer service and shipping is amazingly FAST! And this is coming from a chick who hates ordering online.

Stay tuned….and stay beautiful!

Tags: ,

Category: Amor De Lacquer, Nails

1. yummy411 says:

i’m loving kalista.. not as much as i’d hoped, but i still like it alot.

oooh now we have a fancy name for the polish posts! so cute!!

2. Askmewhats says:

YOU — of all people — would KNOW..I’ll enjoy this series!!! GO GO GO!!!!

3. Amina says:

YAY! I am a chronic nail biter so anything can help!!

4. Me says:

i wish that you’d clean up your nails a bit! You’ve got nail polish on places other than your nail!

5. prettybeautiful says:

it is such a lovely idea to do stamping on only one nail. unique. i tend to stamp/draw on all nails. lol

6. The Pretty Brown Girl says:

That’s a great color. And the stamp on one nail is much classier than having that on each and every nail.

7. B says:

Yums–> Yeah, Kalista is just "okay" to me. Dupe-able somewhere, I know that for sure.

Nikki–> Of course…you ARE the #1 nail art queen.

Amina–> I will think of an intervention for you, sis. LOL, no worries!

Me–> Stooooop. They don't look that bad, do they? I mentioned that I applied this "sloppy". I'm having a tough time applying near the cuticles. Any tips?

PB–> I've had the urge to stamp ALL nails but I can't do that because of work. Maybe I'll play around this weekend. ;)

8. B says:

Pretty Brown Girl–> Thanks lovely! I've seen some ladies who can rock designs on each nail beautifully! Not sure if it's for me but I'm going to play around and see. Thanks for strollin' through to CoM!

9. Mz. Shayla says:

How do you use the konad plates????

10. Product Junkie Diva says:

I love that color B….I need that color B..lol
    PJD

11. IbisCaraib says:

Beautiful color. It seems like he blogosphere is really trying to get me to go out and buy some Konad plates!

12. Dyvalicious says:

I have the worst time painting my nails!! Any good suggestions for getting my polish to look clean?

Dyva

13. Katee "e-polishblog" says:

Hey B! Great idea. More nail polish related posts can only be a good thing.

As far as a clean up tip – either use a stiff brush and dip it in acetone, OR my favorite thing is clean up pen. It is literally like a marker with a nice stiff tip that is filled with polish remover. That is what I use. OPI makes a good one.

If you use a brush, dab it on a paper towel after you dip it in acetone or there will be to much on the brush and it will run all over your nails.

Also when I polish I just make sure I don’t have too much polish on the brush so it does not run towards my cuticles.

Katee

14. Ms. Aja B. says:

*thinking to myself why is B trying to tempt me with a new nail polish series…doesn’t she know about my nail polish fetish as it is???*

LOL! I love it! If I ever thought about getting into beauty blogging, it would be a nail polish/nail care blog. Can’t wait to see more.

Kalista is pretty but it looks like a Wet N Wild color I purchased last weekend. Don’t remember the name off hand.

15. Mrs.Young_fashion says:

Nail polish is my pick me up when im down right along with shoes, which will explain why I have so much of both. Nail polish tips and nail care would be great!!!
    Looking forward to it.

16. rmcandlelight says:

Love the name and you are so brilliant of coming up with so many ideas. Can you do some reviews on brands of polish that last longer than one day. (lol)

I think polished nails look better when you leave a small space between the cuticle and the nail. Give it a try. What is your take it? Is there any info on this?

17. Witty says:

konad, woot!!! I love this color!!

18. Jaimie says:

I LOVE the metallic mahogany brown one!

19. NuBeauti says:

I am pretty messy when it comes to polish. So I look forward to all of your tips for my tips. Ha! I love the colors that you review.

20. Alyssia says:

oh ma goodness u gotta konad…i want one soooo bad! You’re becoming an enabler, Brit! =) lol

21. SuzieC says:

Great color and great series!

22. Faith says: