Brown and Blushin’ Series: N.Y.C. Chroma Face Glow

| November 12, 2008 | 23 Comments

Lately I’ve been all over highlighters. For the longest I didn’t even know what a “highlighter” was. I would constantly annoy fellow beauty blogger/buddy Kia with the “What’s a highlighter again?” question.

I get it! Highlighters add a little “pop” to the cheeks. More specifically, N.Y.C. New York Color says that their Chroma Face glow is a “luxurious velvet-soft powder with a metallic finish that smoothes on to highlight cheeks, brows, chin and forehead”. This product comes from the Metro Metals collection. Ohhh, loves the name!

I have been finding myself rocking N.Y.C.’s Chroma Face glow in Sunset just about every day. I love how it gives me a touch of definition without adding a bunch of heavy make-up on my face. I can wear this over concealer for a flawless look! I don’t even feel like I have to wear blush! Which is shocking since I have this crazy love affair with blush. Look at the marbleized goodness…

Here I am wearing it as a highlighter…

And the best part?

It’s only $4.99. *does the bankhead bounce* Aww yeah….that’s ridiculously affordable! And I give the staying power a thumbs up too. N.Y.C. has been impressing me a lot lately. Have you tried this product? Interested in trying? I think you should….run to your local Rite-Aid, Walgreens, Target, Wal-Mart, CVS or Longs, like….now. I would say that this product is a fantastic dupe to MAC’s MSFs…..which will run you $25.

Stay beautiful, fam!

Tags: , ,

Category: Brown & Blushin'

1. Askmewhats says:

awww *dances for joy* I love it!!!!

2. Grayburn says:

Looks great and cheap! I hope those will be there when I visit the US next year!

x Grayburn

3. rmcandlelight says:

I’m so glad you reviewed this product!! Everytime I go into CVS I look at these but pass them buy Thinking they would be too powdery. Now I will go and buy. You know they have another one. Don’t know the name…Did you buy that one to? Better run right now because CVS don’t have many left and they are LE. Haven’t checked did you do a video on them?

4. B says:

Nikki–> I loves it too, mama!

Grayburn–> Ohhh, you're coming? When? And where? I'm not sure if these will still be here being that they are LE but no worries…N.Y.C. has other great products for the low! ;)

rmcandlelight–> The other one is called Moonstone and it is soooo pretty. I think I'm going to get that one too! I didn't do a vid for these yet but stay tuuuuned. ;)

5. Product Junkie Diva says:

LOL @ does the bankhead bounce*
    you look great B.
    PJD

6. Katee "e-polishblog" says:

That looks fabulous on you B!

7. Alyssia says:

LOLOLOL..really Brit?? Did you bring back the *bankhead bounce*??…TOO FUNNY! But thats really pretty…I have seen them alllll over, but never grabbed one..might have to snatch one up =)

8. Beauty Maintenance says:

This looks so great on you. I bought one for my niece but now think that for that price I may need one for myself too :)

9. yummy411 says:

what’s your take? petticoat vs. this chroma face glow? i should do a post?? hmmmmmm

10. Fabuless Beauty says:

I’ve personally never got into NYC, but this is making me think twice. I’ve heard rave reviews about their brow kit, have you tried that?

11. Fashion's Darling says:

I didn’t know the purpose of a highlighter…**ducks deeper into seat***

so i just avoided them altogether. I have ben curious though and from what I gathered I really want one. Thanks for this!

12. Tammy M says:

A dupe of MAC’s MSFs??? *faints*

13. Amina says:

beautiful!!!
    i’ll swing by CVS tomorrow to check it out!!

14. iowagirl301 says:

I wanted to stop by & let have you check the post from Lotus Palace today, she is featuring some awesome blushes today, there is a Cherry Pink that I think would look smashing on you!! There not even expensive, & easy to find on Ebay. Check it out & let me know what you think.

15. ishtastic says:

I like NYC. I’ll have to try this one.

And THANKS SO MUCH for the response on mineral makeups. You’re a doll! – a cute little chocolate doll with pink cheeks and beautiful napps.

’till next time…

16. Shefali says:

Hi Brittany -

I’m Indian from India with fair to medium olive-toned skin. Do you think this would work for me?

17. B says:

Yums–> Petticoat has a little more pink in it but I like this better as it is subtle and build-able. With Petticoat, if you don't have a light hand and the right brush you'll be lookin' like a hot mess!

Fabuless Beauty–> Their brow kit is the business! Or so I've heard. I don't touch my brows, sis. LOL!

iowagirl–> Thanks a ton, mama. I'm off to go check that out!

Ishtastic–> Awwwww!!!

Shefali–> Absolutely. I think this product is great for all skin tones. And even if you don't find that it works well on your cheeks, it can also function as a great browbone color, or you can dab it on your lips for a bit of shimmer. I love it!

18. MysteryGirl says:

Dear Blog Owner,

I love your blog! My name is Irene, and I have a littlee beauty community website called ColorMeGorgeous.com:

I recently found your site and am very interested in exchanging links. As you know, reciprocal linking benefits both of us by raising our search rankings and generating more traffic to both of our sites. I wanted to ask if you would please post a link to my site as follows, and in exchange, I’ll post your link on my site.

Title: ColorMeGorgeous
    URL: http://www.colormegorgeous.com

Description: An online beauty community which offers forums, monthly contests, product reviews of makeup and skincare, expert advice, and more!

Once you’ve posted the link, let me know the URL of the page that it’s on, and I will post it on my site.You can reply to me at colormegorgeous@gmail.com

Irene

19. Starry x2 night says:

OMG, it looks absolutely stunning on you!

Quick question: would you be interested at all in selling these online? I know this sounds really weird. I live in the U.S. but none of the Rite Aids, CVS’s, Walgreens, Targets etc around me at school *or* at home sell it (and it’s not like I live in Hicksville either!). I’m willing to pay more for each of them, or both if it’s at all possible, plus shipping. My email is cheangel at gmail.com, if you’re at all interested. Thanks for any answer, yes or no!

(Sorry, long time lurker. Will comment more from now on!)

20. SuzieC says:

This reminds me of so Ceylon and for 20 bucks less will be coming home with me!

21. Dominican Enigma says:

I love NYC Stuff!

22. Dwana says:

This may sound crazy but I’ve always been self conscious about my cheeks and laugh smile/ lines. I have NEVER applied a blush. Girl, I’m intrigued!