Amor de Lacquer: Zoya’s Twist Collection, Part 2

| February 3, 2009 | 10 Comments

Welcome to another post of Amor de Lacquer….the series all about nail polish and nail care! Send me your requests, suggestions and ideas to Brittany@ClumpsOfMascara.com.

A week or so back, I introduced you lovely people to Zoya’s Spring ’09 collection: Twist. Part 1 is here. Onward we go to Part Deux.

First up we have Jo. What a wonderful blue to my collection. I only applied two coats here but I would probably do three just because I love a complete opaque look. Jo has tons of sparkle but nothing too crazy. I would definitely rock this on the weekends for the perfect subtle yet showy nail color.

I really like Moxie! But then again, I would because it’s a creme. This color applied like a dream; I usually don’t have application problems with Zoya polishes. Moxie is a beautiful berry beet color that isn’t terribly unique but I love it just the same. I probably have a good 2 colors similar to this but nothing beats the application of a Zoya polish.

Think pink! Barbie pink that is. This photo may not show it but this polish is crazy bubble gum pink. It looks a little muted here but it really is a loud pink. Which I think is very pretty! I prefer it more on toes but would not mind rockin’ it on the hands either.

All in all, I am enamored with Zoya’s Twist collection. The colors are diverse and there is something for everyone–be it the nail polish addict or the conservative polish wearer. Malia would be my favorite out of the bunch with Harley coming in at a close second. This is my second Zoya collection and I can honestly say that I am a bonafide fan!

Buy these and more for $6/bottle at Zoya.com. Or better yet, get the Sampler for only $36!

A fan of Zoya’s Twist collection? Interesting? Not so much…..tell me what you think.

Polish Pretty,

Tags: ,

Category: Amor De Lacquer, Nails

1. Askmewhats says:

Eeeekkkk Barbie looks too cute!!!! :D

2. Tiera says:

Moxie and Barbie are just calling out to me! Not to keen on Jo, I’m not really into sparkles!

3. Tashina says:

Oddly enough this is the first polish post where I didn’t feel compelled to purchase something. I don’t think these polishes would look good on me. I do like the Barbie color though.

4. The Pretty Brown Girl says:

Oh sis! Zoya is too pricey for me! I’ve taken to studying the Zoya colors you post and getting the closest I can from the China Glaze collection. I’m wearing “Spontaneous” this week, which is “Malia’s” doppleganger! LOL!

Thanks, B!

5. Nessa says:

I only bought Jo from this collection and it is TO DIE FOR! I LUUUURRRVVEE IT!!

6. B says:

Nikki—> LOL, I knew you would like.

Tiera–> I feel you on Jo. It haven't worn it much because the sparkles.

Tashina–> Uh ohhhh….could it be? Let me dig in my stash and find something that I KNOW you'll want. :)

PBG–> You better stop it….Zoya is only $6, ma'am. But you are a genius b/c yes ChG's Spontaneous looks similar to Malia. Good call!!

Nessa–> Yesss!! Glad you like it. :)

7. Tigress or Tame? says:

wow…i have always been a makeup junkie but i didn’t know nailpolish junkies existed. my whole life i have had a hard time finding a good variety of nail colors in drug stores but didn’t think much about it, just kept wearing the same 3 colors I liked for 6 years. Now I know that deep down inside, I too, am a nail polish junkie. Thanks B, for the revelation! ;)

8. Ms. Katee/e-polishblog says:

All of those look great on you!

9. Tysh says:

You have beautiful nails. Just the perfect nailbed, LOL

10. rmcandlelight says:

I am really loving Jo. Maybe I should checkout CHG Spontaneous. I’m such a nail polish junkie now. I even splurged on a Chanel:)