Barbie Loves Stila: Foxy Doll

| February 10, 2009 | 10 Comments

Hello darlings!

Remember this post when I mentioned how much I needed to have the one of those Barbie for Stila cans? Never have I been so attracted to such the packaging of a beauty product.

Okay, that’s a lie. A great deal of my make-up purchases have been because of the packaging of the products. Only true beauty fanatics can co-sign on that kind of addiction.

Anywhoovers–imagine the tears that fell when I found out that the Foxy Lady was sold out.
And then she reappeared. Because I was en route to Washington D.C., I had no access to my computer and used up ALL of my daytime minutes contacting my Mom and best friend in Los Angeles.

Oh wait….I think I also contacted my good friend in Atlanta too (didn’t I, K?). I needed anyone to get their hands on that Foxy girl for me.

But no one could…or so I thought.

But there is wonderful thing called Mothers, family. They pretty much ALWAYS save the day.

My Mommy managed to score me a Foxy girl can!

How darling is that? And the palette isn’t so bad…

To the far left you have a nice cheek color and the next two are eyeshadow colors that are definitely brown girl friendly and wearable. See….they show up pretty nicely.

These colors aren’t terribly unique but it was really the can that I was after….not the products. That’s right….I’m a collector of all cosmetic products that have brown women sportin’ afro’s on them.

If you were unable to snag the Foxy Doll, the other ones are available. Better grab those before they sell out quickly too. Stila Cosmetics is one of my favorite cosmetic companies and I am so excited to see them pair up with Mattel to bring these beautiful collector’s items.

What do you think? Interested? Not so much? Whatcha think?

The Grown Lady who still likes Barbie,

This Day in Black History:

In 1964-After 12 days of debate and voting on 125 amendments, the U.S.
House of Representatives passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. The bill prohibited any state or local government or public facility from denying access to anyone because of race or ethnic origin.

Tags:

Category: Product Reviews

1. Moni says:

I bought the Foxy Doll set online the first day it was available! My favorite products are the blush, the lip glaze, and of course the awesome can!

2. Fashion's Darling says:

LUCKY YOU!!!!!!! I had no access to a computer neither! And actually no money to pay for it lol.

I kind of don’t want the others lol…I want Foxy

I hear there re-releasing it in the Fall or something

3. cb says:

I wonder what other barbie stuff they will come out with.

4. Wes says:

It’s really cute… I don’t think I’d pay for it though, lol. I’ve already been convicted of spending frivolously!

5. ladebelle says:

ugh… i too know the woes of being a makeup junkie and buying for packaging over need…

i was going to get one of these nifty little cans but i had to stop myself. why? because i have literally all of these colors and the only thing i actually wanted was the exclusivity of buying them in the can.

we’re in a recession so i had to restrain myself but nonetheless, i will live vicariously through you… **sigh**

6. Erica says:

It’s nice to see that Stila has products geared towards darker-skinned individuals. Now, if Calvin Klein can do the same…

7. Milan says:

I ordered mine today. Now I need to go find that Barbie…I have her…I think she’s at my granny’s house. LOL

8. Dwana says:

Not too bad, I’ll pass on it. Thanks for the review though. I’m STILL vexed I missed out on the Barbie Loves MAC (2007)

9. MarieDenee says:

Leave it to you to score all the amazing finds! Thought I’d show some love!

You are rocking it my love!

Keep up the good work!

Marie Denee
    The Curvy Fashionista

10. barbieQ says:

I love this make-up! And I love Barbie! There’s a crazy site where you can leave a birthday greeting for her http://www.barbiefest.com/