Beauty Bee-haviors: Celebrity Influences

| March 19, 2009 | 16 Comments

Welcome to another post from the Beauty Bee-haviors series. In this series we have open discussions about any and everything in the beauty world.

Are your hairstyles, fashion or beauty
looks inspired by celebrities?

As for me….I wouldn’t say so. I can’t think of any one celebrity whose look or hairstyle I admired to the point that I wanted it for myself.

Okay, I’m kidding.

I would LOVE to have locs like Lauryn Hill’s.

And back when I had an afro, I absolutely loved Angela Davis’…

I was almost there.

Almost.

But I digress….Any celebrity styles and looks that you admire?

Tell me!

(source 1) (source 2)

Category: Beauty Bee-haviors

1. Kiarah C. W. says:

No. I try to get styles that nobody else is wearing because I want to be different. A couple summers ago I was growing my short hair cut out and it grew into a bob. It was all good until Rihanna’s umbrella video came out. Then everybody kept saying, “Oh u got the Rihanna cut?” I was mad because I got it before Rihanna.

2. Miss Yaya says:

i wanted to have some serious waves like the kardash sisters but i don’t like to straighten my hair so i play around with wigs hehe

3. Brown Girl Gumbo says:

I love Halle Berry’s laid back, casual chic style. I also like Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon’s style, oh and Dorothy Dandrige too!

I like simple, but yet elegant looks. As for hair…I don’t know I’m so not a hair person! LOL

4. Amina says:

your fro looked fab!
    but no, celebrities don’t inspire me but women i meet yes

5. L. Michelle says:

Jill Scott allll the way. I have been told by several people that I favor her, when I wear my fro pulled back. The fact that I love her makes it all the better!!

6. Patty says:

When Rihanna got that FIERCE haircut, it took me about 8 months before I plopped down in my stylist’s chair and said, “I’m done with long hair. Give me that.”

I still get compliments on it, 7 months later. I completely ripped her off, but it’s not like I take credit for it. :)

7. K&T Makeup Artistry says:

There are honestly no celebrities that I want to look like myself, however I pull alot of my beauty looks from lovely woman like Keisha Coles, not a fan of her music but her makeup is always on point, Rhianna, Keisha Knight Pulliam, etc. These women accent their beauty and it always works for them. I would love to pick their MUA’s brains.

8. K&T Makeup Artistry says:

9. K&T Makeup Artistry says:

10. K&T Makeup Artistry says:

11. Bsquared86 says:

I’ve always admired Jill Scott and Queen Latifah . . . Jilly for the hair and Queen for the makeup . . . both for their style.

12. Fashion's Darling says:

Fashion, yes. Being that Audrey Hepburn is one of my FAVE people of all time, I used to wear black skinny pants and black turtlenecks (her outfit in Funny Face) haha. I love her simple and lady like way of dressing. Now instead of straight up copying, the look I just think of that. Simple, ladylike.

Hair: I once got a haircut similar to Keri Hilson though it wasn’t intentional. I realized that it looked too similar after staring at her pic on my desktop way too long. The celeb hair I REALLY want is Alicia Keys when she leaves her hair curly

Makeup: not so much celebs. more like I try to replicate looks i stalk on blogs and you tube.

13. HijabiApprentic says:

Yes I have totally been inspired by celebrities! When I was relaxed I had Aaliyah and Sanaa Lathan moments. When I grew out my natural hair I rocked the Kelis Classic look. I have also copied Kerry Washington’s makeup looks. I get inspiration from everywhere!

14. Wes says:

One name: Tracee Ellis Ross.

15. The Asian Girl says:

Last year, I had my hair cut like Ramiele from American Idol…I find difficulty finding celebrity-inspired haircuts appropriate for me. I can’t count how many times a hairdresser has told me that my hair isn’t meant to be cut a certain way due to the weight/texture of my hair (which discounted a lot of cute cuts). The Ramiele ‘do was fantastic; the hairdresser is a Filipina neighbor of mine who knew what to do with my hair. I finally outgrew that cut from May ’08 but I’m getting the itch to cut again…

16. Alex. says:

Hmm, as scandalous as it may seem, Rihanna’s make up is always FIERCE. She’s never afraid to try something crazy and, as much as I don’t want to admit it, I admire her for it. :P