FOTD Friday: A one color look

| March 27, 2009 | 7 Comments

Happy Friday, family!

I feel like I haven’t done a Face of the Day in ages. My skin is slowly but surely recovering from the awful break-out.

I haven’t been wearing much make-up….rightfully so. A reader and I were chit chatting about eye shadow colors and how many colors you HAVE to wear. By default, I thought THREE.

(at least) 1 color for the lid
1 color for the crease
1 color for the browbone.

*hits buzzer* Wrong! You can rock as little as one eyeshadow color if that’s your style. And since I have been quite lazy with make-up application, that is exactly what I have been doing lately.

EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Jessie’s Girl baked eyeshadow in Evergreen
Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Covet
Clinique High Impact Curling mascara

FACE:
Not a thang, mon!

LIPS:
MAC Nightmoth lip liner
Kissable Couture lipgloss in Peony

To make this look pop I added a ton of green to the waterline.

See….I just had color right on the lid.

For those afraid of crazy eye shadow combinations, try with placing color on the lid and wearing a pretty bright liner.

I absolutely LOVE drugstore brand Jessie Girl’s eye shadows. They are insanely pigmented. I must thank my girl Kia from Yummy411 for the green look inspiration.

Have a wonderful weekend, family!

Stay beautiful,

Tags:

Category: FOTD Friday

1. Askmewhats says:

I usually rock one color on lazy days too :) This is a lovely look B!

2. Miss Yaya says:

I have yet to try Jessie’s girl but I def like this look. I’m letting my face relax from these contest entries that I’ve been doing… feels like war paint

3. Zmaga says:

I love it! I’m gonna try it on tonight – I have green eyes and everything ;)

4. The Asian Girl says:

Green eyeshadow is definitely my dramatic night look lately…I rocked it at the Roy Jones Jr. fight last weekend :)

5. Missy says:

Very pretty…you would think that it would look a little plain with just the one color but the eyeliner made it POP!! I’m definitely going to have to get out of my one color liners now!! I love this!!!!

6. Meagan Elizabeth says:

I love one color looks! When I feel like just wearing one color I usually do a wash of the aqua blue gold color from my Stila Kajiki eye shadow duo with some mascara to top it off :)

7. The Seeker says:

Can I ask you a favour? If you are inclined, would you be so kind as
    to pop over to http://style.la-mimi.com/weekly-fashion-idol/vote-for-your-favorite-fashion-idol/
    I just would love if you would vote for your favourite. Better if you vote for me. :)
    The Seeker