Beauty Bubble: Top 10 Worst Skin Cities

| May 30, 2009 | 7 Comments

Last week we listed Top 10 Best Skin Cities.

And remember last week how I was ranting about how I didn’t think it was fair that polluted NYC was on the “Top 10 Best Skin Cities” list? Well, I’m ranting again, dog-on it!!

My favorite Floridian city Tampa Bay is on this list. What the! The commentary says it is because we “flock to tanning salons”. We who?

*looks around*

Not this brown girl. Floridians aren’t as tanned obsessed as people makes us to be. Los Angeles, on the other hand….whoa!

Check the list and come back and rant with me. Do your think your city is one of the top 10 worst skin cities?

Tell me!

TotalBeauty.com
The 13 Worst-Skin Cities

The environmental aggressors in these towns could be damaging your skin

Before blowing your next paycheck at the derm’s office or on pricey skin care products, take a closer look at the place you call home. We looked at pollution levels, sunshine and humidity averages, skin cancer, smoking rates, and even tanning salons per capita to determine which U.S. locales could be disastrous for your skin. Did your city make the list?

See cities

Category: Uncategorized

1. Savvy says:

No you DIDN’T just dis LA! lol We don’t tan, we MYSTIC tan (fake tan) hahaha.

2. Tracey says:

I am SO not surprised that Pittsburgh was high on that list…

3. hi says:

HI B! I was wondering why I never see you listed on the Total Beauty Weekend web tour or whatever it’s called since you are affiliated with them and stuff.

4. Miss Yaya says:

i think it’s just the quantity of places that offer tans and such that they consider when they put together the lists.

i think i read somewhere (and it’s the weekend so don’t go quoting me) that they use a ratio to see the salons/tanning beds per block/person to make their evaluations. in either case it goes more for the rural areas messing it all up for us big city bright lights folks b/c all they got are houses and trees and quiet blocks with the suburban happiness

lmao don’t i sound like the typical new yorker :)

5. Vincetastic says:

This is a really great top ten list, Bakersfield has such bad air quality, I am so surprised that so many people live there. It’s basically hell on earth, skin-wise. Anyone can post their own list to our site http://www.toptentopten.com/. The coolest feature is you can let other people vote on the rankings of your list.

6. yenni says:

Malaysia
    ( basically all APAC country hot, dust, crowd, oily , dirty, oughh…..not sure what else to say ) worse !! 24 hrs non stop sweating,,,,,unless u stay in dorr all the time air cond . but air cond make ur skin dried ….so i dont think any where else can be worse than ASIA country !!

Jennifer

7. B says:

Hi—> I am in Total Beauty I just don't participate in the Weekly Blog Tours. :)