FOTD Friday: An Uh-Oh Look *pic heavy*

| May 1, 2009 | 21 Comments

Happy Friday! Okay, brace yourself….this should make for a pretty interesting FOTD Friday. I attempted to create what I thought would be a crazy cute look but it didn’t quite turn out that way.

Remember when I got that Urban Decay Ammo Eye palette? I have been playing around with it ALL week. In addition to that I have really been trying to improve my eyeshadow application by using different techniques.

This time I tried applying my crease color first. Here is how the palette looks…..

I’m not as in love with these colors now that I’ve gotten to know them a little better. The glitter factor is a little too much for me. But don’t get me wrong! It’s still a fun little palette.

I started off with Last Call eyeshadow on the crease….

I like the idea of applying the crease color first. Next I applied Grifter, a lavender glittery color, to the lid.

Because I have a freakin’ mile of space on my eyelid, I am finding that it makes sense to apply a brown eyeshadow between my crease and highlight color. Smog eyeshadow worked perfectly for this!

And Sin eyeshadow for the highlight…

I probably should have stopped there but of course I had to push it to the limit. Which I wish I would not have done. But of course I’m Ms. Clumps of Mascara for a reason!

I didn’t intend for the look to come out so harsh. And I definitely could have blended a little better.

Um yeah….I have a pimple. LOL!! What would you have done to make this look a little better? Eased up on the black eyeshadow? Selected another lid color? Hmmmm…..tell me what you think!

Happy Weekend,

Tags:

Category: FOTD Friday

1. Shefali says:

I actually think it looks fine!!

2. BabyJanny says:

looks gorgeous, lovely color combo. i would probably have blended the crease color upwards a little bit :)

3. Askmewhats says:

B! love the look :)

4. JENSMAKEUPBAG says:

i like those colors! great job.

5. Connie De Alwis says:

you look gorgeous in purple! I wouldn’t change any of the colors. I’d probably add a liner but that’s just cause I’m a liner freak

6. Milan Angel says:

Heeey! NICE look. You and I both have the “miles of space on the eyelid” issue so I usually add some type of brown shadow between my crease and highlight color too! :-)

I think it looks fine. I would add some liner and mascara to complete the look but that’s about it. ;-)

7. sel says:

B you are way too hard on yourself! It looks great!

8. Sharon says:

I think it looks fine, just kind of unfinished. If you blended it a little more (not much!) and added some black or brown liquid liner and some mascara, it’d look even better.

9. Atiyah says:

I have this same palette and have no idea what to do with it. I am going to play around in it, maybe I will start off with your look and work from there.

10. Product Junkie Diva says:

I think the look is cute, leave it just as it is.
    PJD

11. Ma'at says:

I know squat about the makeups, but I think this looks fabulous. If you’d gotten a lil’ blendy with it it’d be spot on. I’m going to have to fly you to Nashville to show me how to put on make-up lol.

12. Leigh says:

I think it did turn out cute! Maybe a little more blending would have been better, but all in all it works really well.

13. Nicole says:

I have and love this palette – and I think you did a great job with your color choices – your eyes look awesome!

14. Piece of Cake says:

What are you talking about, girl? The makeup looked gorge to me! I might even copy that this weekend.

15. yummy411 says:

i use the brown in my crease or a bit above to help blend out crease colors for a natural gradation ;)

the look looks great! liner, mascara/lashes and you know me.. some colorful liner on the water line and some of that purple on the bottom lid hheheehe would top off the look ;)

16. Miss Yaya says:

i think you’re full of it miss B because this is a fab look :)

17. K&T Makeup Artistry says:

I think you did a great job! There are some things that I would have done differently but I believe that can be said with all of us right?!?!

I would have used more brown in crease to soften it up a little more and tried to blend the black a little more, which you mentioned.

I am definitely going to be taking your idea of brown on the area from my crease to where I highlight. I have been using a nice color there but I want to have the color focus point be my lid and not all the way up to the highlight area if that makes sense, for some of my looks anyway.

18. K&T Makeup Artistry says:

19. K&T Makeup Artistry says:

20. K&T Makeup Artistry says:

21. CarlaDoll says:

wow i think you did a good job…i have the same palette…smog is my favorite for my everyday neutral look!