Mascara Application 101

| July 27, 2009 | 12 Comments

Hi family!!

I hope you all had wonderful weekends. Mine was spent in NYC and I am rather exhausted. But for good reasons. I can’t wait to share all of my discoveries with y’all.

But on to a new addition in the Mascara Bin. This post and the video in it will be a staple in the Mascara Bin and it was also be available for view in the Newbie News tab. I get a ton of emails a week about mascara application. Or what kind of mascaras work for certain lids. I think I’ve covered everything this video. In case you can’t watch it right away, check out some of the tips I went over.

1) It is okay to use more than one mascara at a time.

2) It is okay to use a different mascara wand with a different mascara. However, when you do use this, be sure to sterilize!

3) Purchase mascaras according to the look you are trying to achieve. Desirous of fuller lashes? Purchase a volumizing mascara.

….I mention a lot more!

If you have tips, suggestions or other questions about mascara application, leave them in this post. You may help someone else out!

Enjoy!

Tags:

Category: Uncategorized

1. Marina says:

yes, Inglot is really cool :) I have their store near my house :P

2. Mommie says:

Why don't you do a feature showing all of the different type of mascara wands/combs?

3. ShanSoPink says:

very pretty lippies!

4. SoHo Accessories says:

Tip: Throw away your mascara after 3 months…it breeds bacteria.

5. Nicole says:

Oooh, on the wand thing – which I would love to try but haven't – how do you advise sterilizing the wand to do the switcharoo? Great topic idea – of COURSE! <3

6. Tess says:

I think this is a great idea for a post. I find that when I layer mascaras, it works better to put the lengthening formula on first and then put the thickening or volumizing formula on top. This gives the best looking lashes.

7. Anonymous says:

i was so sad i couldnt come
    *akua*

8. Anonymous says:

haha. so feeling your zipper earrings:)
    *akua*

9. Laura says:

Do you ever use a heat to curl your lashes? I've heard of people heating their curlers with their hair drier. I have pretty long lashes but they are stick straight and they hit my glasses. I hate having mascara marks all over my glasses so I really need some curl. usually when I use the lash curler I notice little to no difference. When I do notice a little curl it is usually gone within a couple hours.

10. B says:

Laura—> I have used an eyelash curler(heated). I don't use it often because my lashes curl on their own pretty well. I would try that method. I would imagine that doing that consistently would really FORCE your lashes to curl. Try it! Be careful though. Don't want to burn yourself.

11. Jackie says:

You're hilarious. "If you have long lashes…I hate you." That made me crack up.

12. [...] page is updated with every new mascara review. Click HERE to visit the Mascara 101: Application video. Don’t be shame. A lot of us don’t know how [...]