Mascara Monday: L’Oreal Telescopic mascara

| July 13, 2009 | 12 Comments

Happy happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great one. I was able to do some road trippin’ up to North Florida so I am happy as a clam. Traveling is a way of life for me…..even if it’s only 4 hours away. I love it and need it to function.

On we go to the mascara review. My sister Courtney is the model for this Mascara Monday. We have different eye lids and shapes and I think her eyes REALLY show the awesomeness of Telescopic.

L’Oreal Telescopic mascara

Price: 5 out of 5 (I got it for $5.49 at Ulta)
Packaging (Brush Wand): 5 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5

What it claims: “L’Oreal Telescopic enhances your lashes with intense length and lash by lash separation. The flat side of the patented flexible Precision brush lengthens lashes up to 60% while the comb side of the brush separates with exact precision for clump free result.” (source)

The truth:
If you are looking for serious separation, this mascara may be your total BFF.

What I loved about it: L’Oreal Telescopic has many many fans. While the mascara’s performance alone is decent, it is the wand that really steals the show.

What I didn’t like: I found it to just be “okay” with the lengthening. I was looking for insanely longer lashes.

Overall: My review for L’Oreal Telescopic is anything but prompt. This baby has been out for quite some time. In fact, I was rocking it before Clumps of Mascara’s existence. I am reviewing it again simply because I think it needs to be added to the Mascara Bin. This is a popular mascara and no mascara archive is complete without it.

First things first—I think this mascara is GREAT for ladies with smaller lashes and lids. I get a few emails from my Asian ladies telling me that they struggle with mascaras that have HUGE wands and bristles (ahem…Lash Blast). I can see the frustration in this. Having said that, Telescopic is PERFECT with baby lids and lashes.

If your lashes are sparse and volume is what you seek, Telescopic will may not deliever the volume but what it will do is give you the illusion of lush lashes. The wand is perfect for separation and taming wild and out of control lashes.

L’Oreal Telescopic comes in Brown Black, Black, Blackest Black and Carbon Black. I like that you get a lot of variety. As for me, the darker the lashes the better.

As much as I like Telescopic for others, it isn’t the mascara for me. My lashes like the separation aspect but that is as far as it gets with me. Which is okay. I chose not to give it low ratings just because it didn’t work well for me. It is a slamming mascaras for several reasons and it deserves high ratings on Clumps of Mascara!

Lashes without mascara
(did NOT curl lashes)

Lashes with 2 coats of mascara

Would I recommend it?: Yep!! If you have smaller lids and lashes, this mascara will rock your world!

Video Review:
L’Oreal Telescopic mascara

I KNOW you’ve tried this mascara. Tell me what you think!!

A crazed mascara reviewer,

(photo source)

Tags: , ,

Category: Mascara Monday

1. Askmewhats says:

sad to say, I haven't tried this mascara and you are the Nth person loving this!!!

2. I am says:

I love this mascara a LOT! It makes clean long lashes that are well separated by the brush, and is easily removed by warm water in tubes. I reach for it on a cool day though, in Singapore the temperature is above 30 degrees usually, so when my eyes get a little moist from the heat it does smudge slightly. It also doesn't hold a good curl, but it keeps my lashes soft and long and black. I'm sure it'll work well elsewhere. This really rocks. The soft bristles are really great!

3. beautifulmonday says:

LOL- you dolls are so cute. i had to laugh at the one photo though: if it was a real telescope you'd be lookin thru the wrong end!

i like this mascara myself cuz my lashes are bitty too. it does tend to get clumpy if you try to layer it much though.

4. Miss Yaya says:

the video was to die for :) cute clumps

5. beautifulonabudget says:

I think I am the only person that does not like this mascara. I've had it for a while and I really don't like the way it clumps my lashes together. I get no separation at all! :(

6. B says:

Nikki—Really? You haven’t tried it yet? Giiiirl, jump on it! I have a feeling that it would work great for you and your clients.

I am—You’re right! It doesn’t have much of a curl. But usually the shorter and smaller lashes ladies are desperate to find length so the curl factor isn’t really THAT important. Or is it? LOL

Beautifulmonday—Would you believe we had a mini-spat about that dern tube? I told her it was the wrong way and she said, “But I want people to actually see the TELESCOPIC on the tube.” HA! But for the record, just know that I KNEW it was turned the wrong way. Haha. Oh and you’re right. The clump factor is out of control if you put on too much.

Miss. Yaya—The Clumps clan. HAAAA!!

Beautifulonabudget—You’re not the only one that doesn’t like it. One of the reasons I used my sister as model is because it didn’t give me the best results either. It seemed to do the same thing to my lashes as it did to yours. But that just goes to show you, “different strokes for different folx”….this mascara works brilliantly on my sis and others with lashes like hers.

7. Courtney Nichelle says:

i loved it and i am hoping you meant for me to keep it cause you left it at home

8. Anonymous says:

i have naturally long lashes and i LOVE this mascara! every time i wear it people always ask me if those are my real lashes! for me it lengthens soo well!

9. Sharlyn says:

My aunt LOVES this mascara. I wanted to try this but $7.49 at Walgreen’s was a bit much. I have fallen in love with the Wet n Wild brand and so decided to check out their Megalength Waterproof Mascara for only $2.99, which has a similar brush to the L’Oreal Clean Definition Telescopic Mascara. The packaging states that you can get “up to 80% longer looking lashes (based on Clinical Research Studies). Not bad! Check it out and let me know what you think!

10. Mrstt says:

The only mascara I use! Makes my lashes really long, defined and beautiful! Long time ago my husband bought a couple of those in duty free as a little present. Now I live in Singapore and its impossible to buy it here so I always order it from Europe or US. Can’t do without it!

11. stephanie says:

This is the onlyy mascara i go back to over and over. My lashes are long to begin with and this just gets them to their longest length with great separation.

12. Raphaela says:

I am a big fan of Telescopic mascara, in my opinion that’s the best mascara in the world!