Kim K’s crazy long lashes at the Emmy Awards

| September 22, 2009 | 21 Comments

For the first time in years I watched an award show. I know, I know….I live under a TV rock and the last time I was out was during the 2008 election and the 2008 Olympics. What can I say? I’ve never really been a huge TV watcher.

But I’m trying to do better….a beauty blogger has to stay top on what beauty trends celebrities are supporting, right?

Soooo I saw photos the lovely Kim Kardashian at the Prime Time Emmy Awards and my eyes were immediately drawn to HER eyes.

I’ve never been a super fan of the gal (what does she do, by the way?) but she can rock a MEAN smokey eye. I mean, she kills it! She isn’t wearing one in this photo but what she is rockin’ is a pair (or are those extensions?) of super long lashes. I don’t think I have ever seen lashes THIS long. They are border-line spider-y and take away from her gorgeous runway eye. At least I think so.

What do y’all think? Are these lashes entirely too long or is it just me?

Can lashes ever be TOO long?

Hmmm…..

Tags: ,

Category: Uncategorized

1. NaturallyAlise says:

I hate fake lashes that are overly long, and apparently that is all the rage with the youngins I go to school with… I can't get with it… but maybe I;m just getting old, lol

2. Jillian says:

Waaaaaaaaaaay too long! I'm not liking anything about this makeup…the lashes, the garish eyeshadow, the overly done blush, the lipstick, etc. Not flattering.

3. Dwana, (SME) Subject Matter Expert of S.O.S says:

IMO No. I'm not afraid to explore. There's a time and a place for everything. I wouldn't expect the average woman to throw on dramatic lashes to pick up sugar and milk but to each their own. Fashion show, Red Carpet, etc. Do it!
    This particular dramatic lash isn't my favorite but she worked it!

4. Betty Girl Make-Up says:

i love, love, love them!! and if anyone can rock them out, it's definitely Kim!

5. Sandy says:

She does look beautiful & I'm loving the fake lashes. They're a bit long for us average gals, but definitely appropriate for a big media event like the Emmys! Only thing I'm not feeling is how she kinda copied the whole J.Lo thing from back in the day, with the slick back hair & big hoops. I think J.Lo even wore a similar dress before too.

6. Anonymous says:

the longer the better, imo. they look good on Kim.

7. Dwana, (SME) Subject Matter Expert of S.O.S says:

Sandy is 100% correct but I can't remember what event for comparison. While I don't care for either, chile…they both did their thing. Hot!

8. SoulSunshine says:

I love-love LONG lashes, and while I'm totally NOT a fan of Kim K. I think this particular looks great because she paired the lashes with a nude lip and light eyeshadow, had she had a darker lip and eye, it would have ended up looking drag queenish. Yes I've seen too long lashes but in this case they look good.

9. Miss Yaya says:

depends on where you're going. i love the drag queen obnoxious lashes for a night out thats all about me… otherwise, i just like big butnot too big lashes

10. Moni says:

I think they look horrible! I normally love long lashes, but these are way too long. They look like she has spiders stuck to her eyes!

11. Maxine says:

haha…what does Kim K do? Well currently, she is the beauty editor for OK Magazine! The lashes seem a little overdone, I think…

12. giz89 says:

I thought they looked way too fake. I mean she looked like she way trying too hard to be J-Lo.

13. Vixxan says:

She is a very pretty woman but I don't know why she would take away from her beauty by attacking wings on her eyes. She looks horrid with eyelashes that long. I wear fake eyelashes everyday and I wouldn't be caught dead in those.

14. rayqueenbee says:

She has beautiful eyes and super long lashes (as said by her makeup artist Mario) and I am not feeling these lashes she has on. I love seeing her in smokey looks.

15. Jasmin says:

her eyes look beautiful! however, the lashes are a bit long. Maybe if it was a little shorter? Overall, I loved her look!

16. Askmewhats says:

your observations are right, it's way too long and I am really surprised Kim has to wear falsies, I've seen her real lashes on videos and they are long enough to just wear 2 coats of mascara!!! And her eyes are gorgeous to start with, why ruin it with "spidey" lashes?

17. Anonymous says:

Kim K inspired me to take the plunge into the indvidual lash extensions… And have LOVED them ever since. No mascara neccesary! Its LOVELY, I am sure Kim gets s many compliments as I do and she deserves. I think they look GREAT!

18. Victoria says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Though the lashes are long, they are wispier and not completely full.

There is something a little bit "off" about her lips or cheeks though. But who's looking there anyway?

19. Beyond Outer Beauty says:

I love this look!!

20. Anonymous says:

I think it looks horrible, just trying too hard, even for the red carpet…

21. Anonymous says:

Everyone hates on Kim so bad because she's super pretty. I'm sure she doesn't care what people think or she wouldn't have put the lashes on….