Sista Show-Off: Operation Beautiful

| September 24, 2009 | 9 Comments

Welcome to another post from the Sista Show Off series! In this series I like to show some love to other companies, blogs, businesses, organizations or just regular ladies like myself who are paving the way for women everywhere! Let me feature you! Shoot me an email at Brittany@ClumpsOfMascara.com.

When I was a little girl my Mommy called me “Mary Sunshine”. I was always that annoyingly perky child with a gapped tooth smile.

Guess what?

I STILL get called Mary Sunshine. I’m not going to pretend like I live in a world of sprinkles, rainbows and cupcakes but having a positive attitude is a MUST for me. It is a way of life and I firmly believe in spreading positive vibes.

Reader Claire from England (hi honey!) put me on to a website called OperationBeautiful.com. The mission behind OpBeau is to end “Fat Talk” by leaving inspirational messages any and everywhere. It’s that simple. Something this simple can change someone’s mind or their perspective. Or even their life.

We NEED messages like this. After getting inspired at the thought of inspiring, I spent some time writing little notes like this…

….and this

…and this

I have about 20 or so in my purse and at any given moment, I’ll post them anywhere. In public restrooms, on treadmills in my gym….shoot, even the grocery store!

The best part about leaving these notes isn’t feeling amazing because you’ve done something nice—it’s watching the look on people’s faces when they’ve read the note.

I am so thankful for the Founder of Operation Beautiful. Catlin has started a mission that is rapidly spreading alllll over the world. I am proud to join her and the hundreds of other ladies who have participated in Operation Beautiful.

I say you try it, family. We really need a movement like this.

Kudos to you, Catlin!

Tags:

Category: Sista Show-Off

1. Jillian says:

What a wonderful idea! Pray no one with a stalker finds one though lol!

2. Shana says:

I totally LOVE this idea! I remember when you posted a twitpic of your cookie note (LOL) I thought to myself only B would discover something like this and actively participate. You are such a joy to have in the blogosphere. Thanks for always being an inspiration *off to find sticky notes*

3. giz89 says:

This is such a great idea. I think I'm going to star doing this. But I'm worried that if I carry post-its with me in my purse…I'll take advantage and let the guy next to me know how I feel about how badly he parked his car :X haha

4. Claire says:

Yay! I hope more people start doing this now, thanks for givng me a shout out!

5. Claire says:

Yay! I hope more people start doing this now, thanks for givng me a shout out!

6. Product Junkie Diva says:

Oh i like this idea…..
    thx
    PJD

7. Danielle says:

Love this site! Have you seen givesmehope.com? Operation Beautiful started because of that.

8. Lamb says:

Funny thing is I found some sticky notes on the floor today in class.

I might have to try this
    hopefully I don't cause too much damage :)

9. B says:

Jillian—> LOL, you're a trip, mama!

Support Operation Beautiful, y'all….such a great mission it is!

And no Danielle—but I'm going to check that one out. Thanks for letting me know!