Do you drink enough?
Or are you stuck on sodas and high fructose juices? Would you rather drink coffee or a mixed drink than water? Pull yourself together, sister. Water is your friend. You NEED it. And not just when you’re thirsty.
I drink a little over a gallon of water a day.
Purchasing water bottles can be expensive so I installed a filter in my kitchen. I fill up a gallon of water each day to take with me to work. That gallon sits at my desk and by the end of the day, it’s empty.
And in case you didn’t know, here are some important reasons why you SHOULD drink water:
- Water can help flush out those nasty toxins in the body. Every few days I add either fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to my water. Both are great at detoxifying.
- Water helps food digest properly. You know that yucky feeling in your tummy when you’ve eaten too much food and hours later you STILL feel a bloated mess? Um yeah…that’s constipation. Water can clear that up!
- Water is good for the skin! And Lord knows I need as much help with clear skin as possible….
- Water can aid in weight loss. Try replacing water with coffee, alcoholic beverages and sweet drinks for week and see what happens. Unlike all of those drinks, water has ZERO calories, ZERO fat and ZERO sugar.
- Water makes for a better work-out. This is so true! I find that when I’m not drinking any water at all before and during my work-outs, I am more sluggish and tiresome. (source)
While experts say we are SUPPOSED to drink 8 glasses (or 8 ounces) of water a day, I think just making sure that you aren’t dehydrated is enough. However, if you’re on a weight loss journey, I think it’s important to keep track of everything. Even water. I keep my water in water bottles with numbers on them.
I’m good! I’ve never been a coffee (yuck) or alcohol drinker so drinking only water and green smoothies works for me. On the weekends I’ll splurge a bit and drink a Shirley Temple (I’m such a kid, ha!) or sweet tea.
But at the end of the day, it’s water that keeps me feeling good. If you haven’t made friends with water, start incorporating more glasses of it in your daily schedule. If you need help, put an alarm on your watch or in your phone to remind you to drink more.
Any avid water drinkers out there?
I’m going to be posting about fitness the next few Challenge posts. You ready? Let me know what y’all think about these posts. Are they helpful? Don’t hesitate to send me any emails at Brittany@ClumpsOfMascara.com if you have any suggestions or questions!
Until next time….
Join the Clumps of Mascara Team!!
Mascara Mamas team
Category: 50 Million Pound Challenge