Amor de Lacquer: Nubar’s Chocolate Truffle collection

| December 2, 2009 | 17 Comments

Welcome to another post of Amor de Lacquer….the series all about nail polish and nail care! Send me your requests, suggestions and ideas to Brittany@ClumpsOfMascara.com.

Hmmm, truffles. I’m not the biggest chocolate fan in the world (I know, I know) but it’s just like Nubar to name a collection Chocolate Truffle. This collection satisfies your sweet tooth sans the calories and guilt. Nubar sent me these babies for review so without further ado…

Ladies and gentlemen, introducing the stars of Nubar’s Chocolate Truffle collection:

Chocolate Coffee Bean is is described as a deep brown shimmer. I’ll be honest….I was hesitant about brown polish on brown skin. It didn’t seem like it would be something for I would like but by George, it’s gorg!

Raspberry Truffle sounds totally yummy and looks fantastic! I think this is my favorite out of the bunch. Funny what bright red shimmer can do to a brown polish. This is fabulous!

Cherry Cordial is the only color that I immediately liked when I first saw it. It had enough red to tame the brown that scared me.

Later that day I jazzed it up with Lippman’s Happy Birthday. It’s a party on my nails! I think I’m going to rock this on my real birthday (January 2nd….holla!).

Chocolate Caramel is described as a bro†wn gold shimmer. Yum-E! It looks luscious enough, uh? I’m not the biggest fan of gold polishes but this is a little warmer so it’s not so bad.

Swiss Chocolate isn’t a bad polish….I’m just not sure if it’s for me. It really is brown! This is a first for me. It’ll take some getting used to.

Milk Chocolate Creme looks so delicious. I’m not terribly in love with it either but it’s funky enough for me to sport.

Nubar does it again! When it comes to unique polish collections, they win. Hands down! I’ll admit that I have never really be interested in brown polishes. When I can find them, they just didn’t seem to be ideal for my warmer skintone. Nubar proves me wrong. While it may take me some time to love the entire clan, I’m glad that so many different variations of brown polishes are available.

I used 2 coats for each and didn’t experience any application issues. Not one bit. I’m going to doing some designs with these babies. Imagine the possibilities….

You can get all 6 polishes plus a base and top coat (loves ‘em!) for $49.95. Click here for more information.

Hmmm, whatcha say (channeling Jason DeRulo)? Like ‘em? Love ‘em? Could do without?

Your fellow nail polish junkie,

Tags:

Category: Amor De Lacquer, Nails

1. K&T Makeup Artistry says:

Call me crazy but I love it! They are hot!!!

2. K&T Makeup Artistry says:

Call me crazy but I love it! They are hot!!!

3. K&T Makeup Artistry says:

Call me crazy but I love it! They are hot!!!

4. K&T Makeup Artistry says:

Call me crazy but I love it! They are hot!!!

5. princessvalecia says:

I think my heart skipped a beat for raspberry truffle

6. kelliegonzo says:

love the lacquers lady!!! my friend got some of these and i can't WAIT to borrow them and swatch swatch swatch to my heart's content! oooh yummy i love browns :D

7. rmcandlelight says:

I love them!!! they all look good on you :D I gotta get Lippmans Happy birthday. I hope its not sold out…Yikes!!!

8. Jennifer says:

I just got this collection myself… I think they are gorgeous!!! I haven't worn any, but I think Raspberry Truffle is going to be the first one I go for – it really is an amazing color :) And these all look great on you!!

9. Danielle says:

I've seen a few reviews on these and wasn't impressed but now seeing them against brown skin…I see at least two clear winners.

10. Deborah says:

You are gonna have me going on another nail polish shopping spree!! I love all the colors and I don't have brown. I MUST add these to my collection!

11. auroragyps says:

All of those look amazing with your skin tone, even the two you're iffy about. You have great looking nails.

PS: Have a Happy Birthday and a great Holiday season. Mine is on Jan. 8th, so my season is a week longer, but hopefully pretty stress free. ;)

12. B says:

Yay for brown polishes love!!

auroagyps—> 'ello there, fellow cappy! Happy holidays and a very happy birthday to you too!

13. Anonymous says:

I love the Raspberry Truffle…Im wearing Black Cherry by Milani on my nails as we speak and i luv it…since stumbling upon ur site i have became more confident and adventurous in my nail polish choices… the nail spa i frequent are even impressed with my nail polish choices..:+) i have been taking my own polishes thans=ks to u!Keep the reviews coming and I wish you the best with your blogging endeavors…

14. B says:

Anon—> Ohhh, I think I have Black Cherry too. I need to pull it out and give it a whirl! I'm so glad that you're wearing more colors. Thank you so much for the support!

15. Redhead says:

Can we purchase these separately? I'm in LOOOVE with Chocolate Caramel and Raspberry Truffle, but I can't justify 50 bucks for just 2 polishes I like out of the 6.

16. B says:

Redhead—> I forgot to mention that! Of course you can by them separately. :)

17. [...] and low for nail polishes that look close my skin complexion. I’ve found darker ones through Nubar’s Chocolate Truffle Collection (one of the best collections, EVER!) but never one that looks close to my NW45 skin complexion. [...]