FOTD Friday: Strawberry/Blueberry Milk

| March 5, 2010 | 15 Comments

Happy Friday, friends! It took long enough but I finally found some inspiration. And I owe it all to NYX’s jumbo pencil in Milk. Why didn’t y’all tell me how awesome this pencil was? Seriously…where have I been? I’ve heard of fellow beauty bloggers using this as a base but WOW! I never thought it would make my eye shadow pop the way it did. See!

Click the jump to see what the final look looked like!

I was in the mood of doing something a little “out there” with my Make Up For Ever shadows. In a perfect world I would know the numbers to these colors. But this world ain’t perfect and so I don’t. HA! I titled this post strawberry/blueberry milk because that’s what the colors look like. Or am I just hungry? Hmm…
On to the look..
FACE:
MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW45
MAC Sweet As Cocoa blush
Illamasqua blush in Thrust

EYES:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX Cosmetics Milk jumbo pencil
Make Up For Ever pink (???)
Make Up For Ever blue (???)
Coastal Scents’ white matte eye shadow

NARS Edie eyeshadow (between crease and brow)
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero
Stila’s waterproof liquid eye liner
Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara

LIPS:
Stila Brown Sugar lip gloss

Did I ever tell y’all that I have a slight lazy eye? I’m not kidding. I have to struggle to “lift” my left eye because it tends to droop a great deal–especially when I’m smiling for a picture. I’m getting better at lifting it though. NOW I’m ready for America’s Next Top Lazy Eye Model. Holla!

I had to get all “extra”…lol.

I’ve been wearing head scarves a lot lately. Sometimes the hair needs a break from the elements, know what I mean?

I was mega impressed at that NYX pencil’s performance. I’ll have to do a complete review on it soon. Yes, I feel a little loser-ish for just now getting on the bandwagon. Ah well… Better late than never, I guess.

I’m off to Tampa Bay for the weekend. My girl Kamay is getting married. I’m so happy for her!

Have a fabulous weekend,

Tags:

Category: FOTD Friday

1. Askmewhats says:

Enjoy your weekend fabulous B! this combination screams gorgeousness!!!

2. Mz B says:

I have this pencil, but haven't gotten around to using it….now I may have to. U looked great! My left eye is lazy :( But you were looking fierce honey!!!!!

3. Eddie says:

I didn't really enjoy this look until about the 6th picture down. On that picture, I was like "OOH".

From there on down, i started thinking about how much money I got to spend on make-up. Lol! Once I get my "Make won't melt away" spray or whatnot, I will be getting that pencil!

4. S.L.I.M. says:

Hey Brittany, Love the colors on you. Milk is not the only awesome jumbo pencil from NYX, you have to try black bean, french fries and some of the other pretty colors they have. I use these pencils most often as bases.

5. piksie says:

I've had Milk for a while now…but at first when I experimented with it, it was chalky-ish. But now that I see that you made it work with your skintone, I'm determined to try again! I had been wondering if this only looked good on supah pale peepz but you proved me wrong. I'd love to see this same type of look but pink + pale green, cuz I love that color combo. =]

6. The Avon Lady says:

I've never been an eyeshadow person but those colors look nice on you.

7. gio says:

This look is gorgeous! The colors are so bright and they look great on you!

8. Anonymous says:

hey i have exactly the same problem with my left eye too! i know how annoying it is! nice look btw :)

9. kermitfrogfroggy says:

Love the bright colors on you.
    NYX JEP's are awesome. Milk is fabulous, but so is Black Bean, Pots n Pans, French Fries and Horseradish. I gotta get some more soon. I've been wanting Slate and Gold.

10. Stacy says:

In my best bad grammar~ ahem…Girl you ain't know bout dat milk? What?!?!? Dat milk iz da bizness! LOL!!! YT put me on to that and I've fallen in love. So far I have 4 of them…milk, strawberry milk, black bean & french fries. Catch Ulta when they have NYX on bogo or get them from cherryculture.com, they great prices.

11. MAP says:

I love it!

12. Mz. More says:

Very prety girl! I love NYX jumbo e/s pencils. I have Milk, Black Bean, Slate, Pots and Pans, Gold, Brown, Iced Mocha, Dark Brown and Purple. I mainly use them a bases or on the waterline.

13. dangerouscurvesahead says:

love it! stunning!

14. Milan says:

This is HOT!! You look amazing. I need to get MILK!!!

15. [...] in 2010 I did a super awesome pink eye that I want to revisit. Dang man. I missed when my hair was that short. Short hair just makes sense [...]