I’m back!

| March 25, 2010 | 22 Comments

Did you miss me? I certainly missed y’all. I don’t think I’ve ever gone a week without blogging on Clumps since…EVER! I actually teared up a bit the evening my hiatus started. It just felt “strange” to not blog. I got over it a few days later. I found myself doing things I never get a chance to do.
Like…read!!!

I’ve had 3 issues of Black Enterprise that I hadn’t read yet. Read them all. And I finally finished Tony Dungy’s and started and finished Sophie Kinsella’s newest. She is one of my favorite authors ever!

And then I did something I’ve always wanted to do…

I bought a used bike! It’s sittin’ in my living room (classy, uh?) shivering. I’m afraid to ride it! I know, I know. I haven’t ridden a non-stationary bike in years and I’m a little nervous. Are y’all laughing at me?

I visited my babies! In Hollywood and Miami I have two almost two year old boys.

Aren’t they darling? My honorary godson and cousin are hilarious! I’m used to little girls so being around these little men is always fun. And then there’s my darling goddaughter Sophie who is 6 weeks old.

She’s amazing. Just amazing.

I fell in love with a new Vegan Restaurant in Orlando.

That’s vegan BBQ, curry rice and veggies. Loving Hut has a new and obsessed customer.

And I finally mastered some yoga poses. Including the crane…

As long as it is completely silent, I can hold this for at least a minute. And I haven’t broken my arm yet. Holla! This photo comes from one of my favorite yoga websites.

I feel refreshed and renewed. I caught got caught up on my editorial calendar and don’t feel as stressed as I was before. Thank you all for supporting the hiatus. I have so many things to share.

But tell me…what’s goin’ on in your world? Anything you want to see on Clumps? Did I miss anything?

Tags:

Category: Uncategorized

1. Amina says:

I really missed clumps!!
    I don't know how to ride a bike either :(
    I do spinning though

2. Anonymous says:

i just bought a Schwinn (classic anyone?) and fell in love with it. Once you get back on the bike it's gonna be hard to stay off. trust!

3. Ruth says:

I figure this is as good a time as any to finally comment, WELCOME BACK!!!! I'VE CERTAINLY MISSED YOU. Even though I missed your blog I know everyone deserves some rest. I thank you for bringing us this amazing blog and can't say how much I enjoy what you have to say.

Your loyal blog reader,
    Ruth

4. jilliandanica says:

holla indeed! i would love to be able to do the crane!

5. Askmewhats says:

welcome back B!!! I've missed you!!! I haven't missed blogging for a week too! I think it'll be super difficult as well, but I guess there are some things we have to do and i'm glad you're back!!!!

6. so blu is ninja too says:

Welcome back!!
    I'm sure you enjoyed your rest!!!!
    Looking formward to read clumps

7. Mocha Mish Mash says:

Glad your back!
    Thought you were gonna be gone for months. Looks like you had time to rejoice, rejuvenate, and relax (cute babies!). I just checked out Twenties Girl from the library yesterday–did you like it?

8. Sunny says:

It sounds like you had a refreshing time off. I'm happy for you. The babies are adorable.

What's going on with me- I've started a diet… One that I will actually stick with this time. I've started taking the Alli pill under advice from my doctor, and it's great because it's a scare tactic, which I need in order to keep me away from bad food. lol

****no willpower!****

9. rmcandlelight says:

Well you weren't gone that long :) You were missed. Yay you got a bike. DH and I keep saying were going to get bikes and ride the trail, haven't done it yet. lol!

Vegan restaurant must tell me where in Orlando.

Kiddies are sooo cute!!!

Welcome hun :)

10. gio says:

Welcome back! You've been missed. I'm glad that you had a relaxing and refreshing time off.

11. B says:

Amina—> Okay, now I don't feel so bad. I rode bikes a lot as a kid but it's been a long time. Spinning hurts my crouch. Yee-oooow!

Anon—> Retro! I love it! Is is red? Those bikes are so cute. I want to learn how to ride mine again so I can upgrade and get on your level.

Ruth—> Aww, thank you so much! I really didn't want to go on "break" but I SOOOO needed the rest. I'm glad you guys have been so understanding. I didn't want to come back and hear crickets. HA!

Jilly—> Girl, it only took a few years to master. HA!

Nikki—> I've missed you! Take a break before you burn out. Your readers will understand. :)

Blu Ninja—> Muah!

Mocha M. Mash—> Months? Giiiirl, if I left that long I may not come back. That's a little TOO much free time. HA! And yes! I loved Twenties Girl. I've read all of Kinsella's books and she really does a good job at transporting you into the storyline. I felt like I was emotionally involved with the characters and everything. LOL!

Sunny—> Good for you!!! Many blessings on your journey. And good thing you're consulting with your doctor. Smart gal. You can do it. The Mascara Mamas weightloss team is behind you!

rmcandlelight—> A week is a long time! It iiiis. I got your email and I'll tell you where that vegan spot is. In fact…ohh, I have an idea. Check your inbox soon!

gio—> *hugs* Thank you, darling!

12. Courtney Nichelle says:

now you know you aint do that yoga pose lol

anywayzzzz im still telling mom

wait i need to go to class instead of harrassing you via blog bye!!!

13. Stacy says:

Welcome back B!!!! I definitely missed you. Glad you enjoyed some me time and fun. Glad you got to enjoy some reading too because I'm a big bookworm and can't function without my "literary crack"!!! LOL

14. B says:

Courtney—> You just mad that you can do a full twisted layout anymore. Hahahaaa!!! Hush yo mouth and go to class, chile.

Stacy—> Thanks lovely! I used to be an enormous bookworm but got behind on reading when I started blogging. But I'm back!

15. Courtney Nichelle says:

actually i can
    *physical chanllege?*
    naw you aint ready…hey you remember the show GUTS on Nick I dont know where that came from, but you remember how they got a piece of like that glowing mountain…i always wanted to go on that show…okay i really need to go to class now

16. B says:

Guts!! That was the glowing magna rock or whatever. That was the show! That and Legends of the Hidden Temple. Only 1 out of 10 kids could work their way out of that confusing behind maze though.

17. MsFarrah says:

WELCOME BACK BRITT BRITT!!!!!!

girl i was sitting here twiddlingmy thumbs trying to figure out what to do here at work and i thought well let me just go to Clumps and have a review on past lessons, and to my suprise, you were back!!! HOLLA!!!!

18. Colette says:

Welcome back B =)

The crane is one pose I *still* can't quite do … every time I try, I think … "Maybe this time" but no … of course, my lack of yoga the past 2 months isn't exactly helping matters any LOL.

Congrats on the bike too – I have a bike, but last year the only attention it got was inflating the tires … I like the stationery one so much more, because as soon as I'm done, I can actually be done. I don't have to figure how far out I can go & still make it home XD

19. Carmen Y says:

Ha! Yeah, the last time I was on a bike was in middle school when we went on our "workouts" after eating a dozen eggs and our "cheesy beef" lol! Those were the days *sigh*…glad you're back. I missed my daily "news…" The crane, huh? I don't think I will ever master that one till I'm down about 100lbs, lol! Keep doing what you do….love ya lots!

20. Anonymous says:

i missed you and i'm so glad ur back!!

21. leesicam says:

We all need a break from our routines every now and then. It's what keeps us sane.
    If you like Sophie Kinsella's books then for your next hiatus you should check out the books she writes under her real name "Madeleine Wickham". They're just as good.

22. Cheri V says:

You're BAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!
    I thought you would be gone longer! *Sigh* Im so happy! I finally have something to do at work!
    YAY!!!