Maybelline ColorSensational: Pinks!

| March 4, 2010 | 11 Comments

It’s the last (wo)man standing the Maybelline’s ColorSensational color family. We covered Red, chatted with Natural and showed loved to Plum. Time for Pink’s debut. Ready?

But wait…first, let me be honest. I’m not a fan of lighter pink lipsticks on darker skin. In fact remember that controversial post from last year about MAC’s Sugar Sweet collection? Yikes! Light pink lipstick is not up my alley. But perhaps Born With It can change my mind.

Maybe?

Nope. My face says it all. This does not scream flattering to me.

The best way to tone down a lipstick like this is to:
a) Use a darker lip liner.
b) Use a darker gloss.

The glosses that accompany Born With It are other pinks. Surprisingly Raspberry Shorbet did it some justice.

That’s a little better. It is still a wee bit pinker than I would like but I won’t jump off of a bridge over it.

Any pink lipstick fans out there?

Tags: , ,

Category: Lips

1. Askmewhats says:

it actually looks nice on you B, I have a feeling i'll look sick if I wear this shade! though I like it on packaging! I am in love with darker pink lipsticks nowadays!

2. anhimals says:

It looks like you have nothing on! Can I request a picture of your nails? It looks uberly cute. What polish are you wearing?

3. Bsquared86/Bsquared0408 says:

super cute!

4. Yvonne says:

The lipstick alone does look washed out looking, but once you added the gloss I think it looks super cute on you!!

5. Kayotic says:

Thats one of my favorite lipsticks

6. suga says:

I actually think it looks cute on you, but I tend to really like nudes and pinks on the lips. Lately, I've seen a lot of green or turquoise lids, with pink lips combos that are extremely pretty to me.

7. Ashwini says:

Yup, with the frost you look wonderful! You are totally pulling off the pale pink on dark skin look chica. :)

8. Ugochi @ Beauty 365 says:

whoa, ur new layout is hot! well done, chica

9. What's The Rage says:

aw! I think it's pretty I love light lipstick on tanner skins I think it looks really nice when done right! I think you did it right! I love Angel by MAC which is a light light pink.

10. ak says:

I see nothing wrong with pale/light/baby pinks on black women of most skintones and I mean that. I mean a lot of black women like me have a very pink bottom lip anyway, so was God or nature trying to say this is a bad look? LOL LOL

Naomi Campbell and Kerry Washington have very large and similar lip shapes and Kerry I've seen in pics wearing a light corally-pink lipstick which looks like the color from L'Oreal that was made with her name on it. The Kerry Washington lipstick in L'Oreal is a light to medium warm lipstick with a bit of gold shimmer, and her lips look great with pink on them.

Naomi used to make her bottom lip light with lighter lipstick as long as she wore brown pencil around her mouth but usually these days she just wears a reddish brown lipstick or gloss.

But long story short born with it by maybelline isn't ugly on a dark skinned black woman, no!

11. ak says: