Amor de Lacquer: Nubar Fortress Collection

| May 19, 2010 | 12 Comments

Welcome to another post of Amor de Lacquer….the series all about nail polish and nail care! Send me your requests, suggestions and ideas to Brittany@ClumpsOfMascara.com.

Nubar hits us again with one of those “OMG, how did they think of this?” kind of collections.

Yes, girl…you eyes aren’t playin’ with you. It’s a bunch of grays and blacks. Brace yourself!

Citadel is described as a pale gray creme. It applies flawlessly without any streaks.

Marble Tower is almost looks Citadel except it is more pale. See the boo-boo I made on my middle finger? Gotta be careful with those creams. They tend to drag down to the cuticles a bit.

Barricade is a light gray that reminds me of wet cement.

Stronghold is a darker gray that is unlike any other gray that I own. I don’t know what it is about grays but I just love them!

Palisade isn’t the most unique of the bunch to me. Still a flawless gray nonetheless!

Dark Castle is described as a charcoal black with a subtle silver shimmer. When the light hits that shimmer, it radiates something beautiful.

Silver Sword is the perfect addition to this collection. Great polish, Nubar! I’ve never been a fan of gunmetal polishes but somehow this one works.

Knight’s Armor  is definitely my favorite. How awesome is the silver glitter?

I LOVED this collection. I love the theme and I love that Nubar is hittin’ us with polishes that a lot of brands steer away from. I didn’t have any application problems with any of these polishes, aside from Marble Tower dragging to my cuticles. Citadel and Marble Tower seem to be so much alike and I would have loved to see a bit of glitter thrown in one of them. A pale gray cream with silver glitter would be hot!

Are you a fan of black and gray polishes?

You can buy the collection for $49.95 or purchase them individually for $7.49 here.

Other Nubar collections I’ve reviewed:
Going Green
Modern Mattes
Chocolate Truffles
Prims
Sparkles
Risque Reds

Your fellow nail polish junkie,

This review contains a sample product sent for post consideration. Read our disclosure policy here.

Tags: ,

Category: Amor De Lacquer, Nails

1. ezzie says:

Citadel looks great! i've been wanting to purchase a gray polish for the longest time, and nubar has my heart!

2. Meagan says:

I love the Stronghold. These are all really nice.

3. Askmewhats says:

I don't own a pigmented gray polish yet, I've owned a couple but they're a bit glossy!

4. limo hire says:

All are nice but i love them stronger hold looks fabulous..

5. rmcandlelight *I'm wearing China Glaze Stella* says:

Love it!! I really need knights armor it's the most unique in the collection.

I only have the greens collections. I need to catch up. lol!! :)

6. rmcandlelight *I'm wearing China Glaze Stella* says:

Love it!! I really need knights armor it's the most unique in the collection.

I only have the greens collections. I need to catch up. lol!! :)

7. rmcandlelight *I'm wearing China Glaze Stella* says:

Love it!! I really need knights armor it's the most unique in the collection.

I only have the greens collections. I need to catch up. lol!! :)

8. rmcandlelight *I'm wearing China Glaze Stella* says:

Love it!! I really need knights armor it's the most unique in the collection.

I only have the greens collections. I need to catch up. lol!! :)

9. Chai says:

Stronghold is by far my FAV!! Must have that one…I love all the colors though, very versatile with so many outfits!

10. Tysh says:

Your nails are the best, I just love them, LOL I like the gunmetal on you

11. GerryBerry says:

i like these color-themed collections! they need to do a BLUE one then i will be satisfied :)
    but the greys/blacks are cool.

12. kukaberry says:

I love all of them except the glitter but I'm not into glitter. So…cute!