StudioTools Skunk brush for $4?

| May 13, 2010 | 15 Comments

I love my dual fiber skunk brushes. I have two. I think they are the perfect brushes to lightly apply bronze and blushes on the cheeks.

One beautiful day in Twitterhood, I saw a tweet about Target having some kind of sale on StudioTools brushes. Now to my lovely ladies who reside in Canada, the UK, Australia, the Philippines, Germany, Singapore, the Netherlands, France, Jamaica (I could go on and on, lol), I’m not sure if you all have StudioTools.

Within days of reading the tweet about StudioTools’ sale, I had to run out and check it out or myself. Guess what I found?!

It’s a skunk brush, kids! It’s was under $4. Insane, I tell ya. StudioTools is one of my favorite brush brands. They are affordable and great quality. They come highly recommended from me. And how does this brush compare to my other two skunk brushes? Let’s seeee…

To the left we’ve got my most commonly used skunk brush by Eco Tools. And to the far right we’ve got my first skunk overpriced skunk brush from MAC. Is there a difference among the three?

Hmmm….well, I will say that the EcoTools and MAC brushes are a wee bit softer than StudioTools. It leans on the stiffer side. Can your cheeks tell the difference while you’re applying your favorite foundation, powder or blush?  I don’t think so.

But who really needs three skunk brushes? Not I, said the cat. And so I gave that good ole’ StudioTools skunk brush to my friend. Run fly or skip to your nearest Target!

Tags:

Category: Uncategorized

1. Anita says:

skunk brush lol, never heard that one before

2. Brittany says:

you can soften your brush w/ olive oil

♥ SailorWifey

3. Dwana, (SME) Subject Matter Expert of S.O.S says:

You can also try using a product called Pink Soap (the one with the Mona Lisa on it.) It's found in craft stores like Micheal's for about $8. Not only does it do a heck of a job at cleaning (the best I've ever seen) but it softens the brushes so well.
    SN: My white/ goat bristles are like completely clean. COMPLETELY! Do you hear me!!!
    You can google the reviews and see videos as well.

4. Channing says:

All the cool kids seem to know what to do with a skunk brush but me. What is this sort of brush used for?

5. GreenWithEnvii says:

I have been looking for that brush here in GA and Target does not sell it! I been looking for it for the past 9 months and they just dont carry it! Grrrr

6. T says:

I have this brush, and I really, really like it. It delivers a fuller coverage of foundation. I haven't used it in a while. Thanks for reminding me. Also, awesome find!

7. Askmewhats says:

Once you own 2, personally, I think that's enough for one lifetime :) Thanks for sharing, I went straight purchasing the MAC one and I haven't using it much lately :D This is really nice and inexpensive

8. Mellie says:

Ah! I've been looking for a skunk brush. :) I'll have to keep this in mind the next time I'm at Target! Thanks for sharing!

9. Colored By Gabrielle says:

i love that brush!i use it to apply my dream matte mousse foundation and i love how it looks!i love the ecotools one also,but i use that for blush!

10. kenzie. says:

My Target is re-doing their makeup section, and they had that brush on clearance for $0.98!! I love mine, I used it this morning for my blush and it looks great!

11. Sarah says:

Love your blog and videos!

Anyways I got this brush too from my local target and it was a buck 64 i looove it! Compared to the MAC one it looks like a DUPE! I would never spend close to 50 bucks on a brush (i love deals) when the studio tools is just as nice!

also are you gonna review clinique's high lengths mascara? :)

12. B says:

Sarah, will review soon! My list is HUGE. Ahhhh!!!

13. Chantel says:

I love this brush! I recently found out that it was being discontinued! =( My target had it and now I can't find it! But I'm glad I bought it before it was discontinued! If you ladies can find it go ahead and grab it! =)

14. roxy_jaz_gurlie says:

How are they for liquid foundation?

15. Sue says:

I LOVE my Studio Tools skunk brush. I find it so much easier to put on liquid foundation with it than a flattened foundation brush. But sadly, it has been discontinued. I wish I could find a store that still has one or two.