MAC Venomous Villains party

| October 5, 2010 | 28 Comments

Let me tell y’all something about Orlando, Florida…it’s more than just Disney World. I know…shocker, right? Having lived here for 2.25 years, I can tell you that nothing annoys Orlando residents more than people asking about Disney World and Mickey Mouse. While I love Brotha Mouse, I haven’t seen that homeboy in years. Orlando has sites and locations that most visitors don’t see because they stay in the Disney World and Universal Studio areas. The Mall at Millenia would not be one of those places though.

Despite it being full of tourists, I kinda dig Millenia. It just so happened to be the location for Orlando’s Fashion Week (yeah, I totally missed that too) and one of the events for Fashion Week was a MAC party hosted by the MAC Pro here in Orlando. I rolled up in that piece with a bit of an attitude. I mean, MAC is cool and all and *insert reasons for why I’m not obsessed with them as much as I used to be* and even though I was a huge Disney kid, I just wasn’t all that interested in the Venomous Villains collection.

My make-up artist Mark totally changed my mind on that. He gave me one of the fiercest looks I have EVER had.

Oh yes, girl…I ain’t lyin’. Using a bit of Paradisco on the lid and some other shadows that my crazy self can’t remember, he gave me a serious party eye with lots of liner and lush almost false-like lookin’ lashes.

And he used this awesome shadow from the Venomous Villains collection…

Uh yeah…had to have it. He smudged it on my waterline to make my eyes look extra smoky. To give the appearance of looking like the wind had blown my make-up a bit. Oh.yes. And viola.

That lip is courtesy of Cherry lip liner (snagged it) and Toxic Tale (snagged it). I didn’t think it would work because Toxic Tale looked so cool but Mark made it work. And in honor of the event, backdrops of each villain was put up. I selected the Evil Queen from Snow White. She’s a mean bish but hey…she’s royalty and I dig that.

I couldn’t even take myself seriously. I kept laughing! Much love to Mark and my other favorite artists at the MAC Pro store.

Have y’all checked out the Venomous Villains collection yet? Don’t you even try to see what’s available online. It looks like just about everything is sold out. Friggin’. Ay.

Loves ya,

Tags: ,

Category: Uncategorized

1. LadyOshKosh says:

Love it, Britt! Marc did an amazing job.
    xoxo

–OshKosh

2. writeblack says:

As a fellow Orlandoan, I chuckled when I read your first paragraph. Loved the look (that eye makeup is great!), love MAC, glad to know Orlando Fashion Week exists (who knew?).

• Brittany says:

“Who know”. My words exactly. Maybe with the new Amway Center, Orlando will start stepping their game up with doing more resident-friendly events. *crosses fingers*

3. What Britt? You haven’t seen Bro. Mickey for years??? Shame on you ! ha!

I love that mineralize eye shadow but none of Mac products love me :-( Skin is too sensitive.

Girl, I need you to find some natural mineral makeups to review!

michelle

4. girl, you look amazing. You betta werq!!!!

5. Jane says:

OMG!!! It’s Mark….he’s my favorite MUA ever! He normally works in the International Mall in Tampa :0)

6. Twana says:

MS. BRITT….You are FIERCE in that look!!! Mark did an outstanding job. You are making me think twice about trying to grab something from this collection. I’ll have to swing by the MAC Pro store here in Detroit to see if anything is left : ).

7. Lavendar says:

All Hail Queen Brittany!!! Marc did his thang….you look HAWT girl!

8. Lisa G says:

OMG, your makeup is gorgeous. That lip color looks so fierce.

9. Victoria says:

Brittany,

As a Disney lover, I’m thinking I need to go check out my local MAC counter! I had NO idea these were out. And my birthday is tomorrow, so what better excuse to grab an item? :) (kind of like when the Hello Kitty line came out…*cough* *cough*)

I’m sad that Orlando citizens get annoyed with people asking about Disneyworld and Mickey Mouse. As someone who was proposed to in Cinderella’s castle (*squeal!*), Orlando, and more specifically, Disneyworld, will forever hold a special place in my heart. In fact, my husband and I plan on going again this year.

Just my two cents!!!

Victoria

• Brittany says:

Aww darling, I don’t mean it like that. Being that I’m not from Orlando, it’s just strange for people to assume that we’re all about Mickey Mouse. The city definitely has more to offer than just the theme parks. And O.M.G….I would die if I was proposed to in Cinderella’s castle. That’s the most romantic thing I have ever heard. You should get married too. And invite me. ;) Oh…and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

• Victoria says:

Oh, B. I wasn’t offended – I promise. I guess where I was going with that is for me, Orlando IS about Disneyworld, mostly ’cause I am a Disney fanatic. :) I know there are other things; I’m just not interested! LOL!

I’ve been married to that wonderful man for two years and counting. I wanted to get married at the park, but that did get shot down. But there was some definite Disney going on at the wedding! Maybe we can renew our vows there. :)

And thank you! I am 25 years young and MAC villain makeup will be mine this weekend! And I have YOU to thank for bringing it to my attention! (and my husband has you to thank for draining the wallet…haha!!!)

10. Aisha says:

You look amazing chica!

11. Lameka says:

I love your story. I am from Lakeland and went to Orlando all the time. And yes, there is a lot more to Orlando than Brotha Mickey…LOL

12. Lameka says:

Oh and I can’t see the pictures of the look…the comments seem to be covering it up.

13. Kimberly says:

I love Mark! He is always so helpful when I visit MAC at International Mall in Tampa! Love him!!! And… I love your look! Fabuliciousness!

14. Daria says:

Nice glam look! I love MAC but how could they not include Ursula (The Little Mermaid) in that collection? She’s a diva. Lol.

15. Lydia says:

I looove Toxic Tale! It looks great on you. AHHHH I wish I bought it!!! Ah well, hopefully I can borrow my best friend’s. Haha.

BTW, long time reader, first (maybe second) time commenter. Hi :)