Mascara Monday: Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Jumbo Lash mascara

| February 21, 2011 | 14 Comments

These super long mascara names crack me up. But the more adjectives they have, the MORE I believe in them. How crazy is that? I had a lot of hope for this kid though. The packaging alone was just TOO cute. Did it win me over?

Price: $9.95
Packaging (brush wand): 4 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5

What It Claims: ”100% of the Total Ingredients are from Natural Origin, 47% of the Total Ingredients are from Organic Farming, 100% Dramatic Volume & Glamour, OrganiSoy® Moisturizes and helps nourish lashes. Eco-Olive(r) a natural antioxidant, shields lashes from harsh environmental aggressors.” (source)

The Truth: Ohmigoodness, I really like it!

What I Loved About It: I haven’t had a lot of luck with Physicians Formula’s mascaras but this one gave me awesome performance.

What I Didn’t Like: Like a lot of natural mascaras, it didn’t hold up as long as I would have liked it to.

Overall: First, let’s take a look at the wand…

Not bad, uh? It makes for great separation by simply  wiggling from root to tip. The formula is a lot like the other PF mascaras I’ve reviewed. It has a soil-y smell and is relatively on the thick side. Not in a bad way though. I was able to apply 2 coats without it clumping on me. It’s a build-able mascara so if you can apply from one coat to four without it giving your the spider-y effect.

Bare Lashes

Lashes with 2 Coats of mascara

Do I recommend it?: If you’re looking for a green mascara, I think this is a great one. It won’t give you va-va-voom lashes but if gives you a good amount of volume and length.

Any Physicians Formula fans? Whatcha think about this one?

Tags: , ,

Category: Mascara Monday

1. Hmmm… that looks like something I need to try! I usually wear nothing but clear mascara, but I like the “after” pic!!

2. Annelise says:

I saw this a couple weeks ago and I thought WTF are they doing with that packaging? It’s so cute… but HUGE. Like ridiculously huge. Did holding the gigantic leaf make you feel weird? LOL. I just couldn’t bring myself to like it.

• Brittany says:

Haha! I think it’s absolutely delightful. Regular ole’ mascara get old after a while. I love that this one has a little personality.

3. Brittany says:

Yep! Should be.

4. [...] Length Neutrogena Healthy Volume NYX Doll Eye *waterproof* Physicians Formula Organic wear Physician Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Jumbo Lash Physicians Formula Eye Enhancing duo Prescriptives Absolute Eyes False Eyelashes Prescriptives [...]

5. Jen says:

I really like the packaging!

6. Alicia says:

I just got this and I really like it! It gives me pretty good volume and length! Plus, it’s free with a MIR that came with it:)

Thanks for reviewing it!

7. Sara says:

I purchased this on a whim (it was BOGO) and was pleasantly surprised! I used it in a couple of looks:

Thanks so much B. for your infinite mascara wisdom! I always check your blog before I even think about investing in any high end mascara. :D

8. [...] Curl Manic Panic Eye Wear Glossy Physicians Formula Eye Enhancing Physicians Formula Organic wear Physicians Formula Organic wear 100% natural origin jumbo lash Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Tarte Lashes, Camera, Lashes! Tarte MultiplEYE natural lash [...]

9. Christina says:

I <3 this mascara! It's my favorite <3

10. Martha says:

I just purchased this on BOGO and I love it! It’s the most volumizing formula I’ve tried since I quite buying Revlon. Love, love, love the cute packaging!
    Martha recently blogged about My Coterie order (Butter London) finally arrived!My Profile