Mascara Monday: Clinique Bottom Lash mascara

| March 7, 2011 | 29 Comments

This is a Clumps of Mascara FIRST!! I have never reviewed a bottom lash mascara. And you’ve probably never seen one, uh? Brace yourself, darlings…

Price: $10
Packaging (brush wand): 5 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5

What It Claims: “This mascara’s brush was engineered to grasp even the tiniest of bottom lashes; its expert formula resists pesky smears.” (source)

The Truth: This makes SO much sense!

What I Loved About It: The entire concept yo.

What I Didn’t Like: It was all good in the hood.

Overall: Honestly, Clinique…if I could hug you, I would. I’m not saying that you guys invented this (I know Tarte has a similar mascara) but kudos to y’all for coming out with it. I’m not the kind of gal that applies a lot of mascara to my lower lashes. And it’s really only because I find it to be more hassle than what it’s worth. Don’t get me wrong,  I LOVE the the baby doll eyes look I get from applying mascara to the bottom lashes. But I don’t love the smudging that I ALWAYS endure when applying it.

Clinique has made it easy for us. Check out how small this wand is.

Awww! Hi little one. This is the perfect sized wand for applying to the bottom lashes. The formula is great for a good two coats. A third coat will give you spider-y lashes and increase the changes of it flaking on you.

I like that the formula is long-lasting. It removes easily with warm water. It takes gentle massage on the lashes and it slides right off. One tube will give you a 90-day supply and I don’t think that’s a bad price for $10.

Bare Lashes

Lashes with 2 Coats of mascara

If you’ve never worn mascara on your bottom lashes, you may want to give it a whirl. It reaaaalllly opens up the eyes.

Do I recommend it?: Absolutely. This wand also make for great separating for us ladies with the pesky top lashes.

Have you tried this mascara yet? Whatcha think? Check out the reviews on Sephora. I’m not the only gal lovin’ it. If you want to see it applied in real time action, check out my video review of it here.

Tags: , ,

Category: Uncategorized

1. Ashley says:

I was only looking forward to Clinique’s new Moisture Surge tinted moisturizer but I might aswell pick up their new bottom lash mascara. I’m loving Clinique more and more lately :)

2. Yasmin says:

Looks awesome! I’ll definitely be trying that soon!

3. Martha says:

I have nearly too long lashes and I think I might have to give this a try! My love affair with mascara has been on and off since it always ends up smudging somewhere, some how at some point. BUT, this gives me hope. And hope is always a great thing to have :)

• Brittany says:

Oh Martha, ladies who say their lashes are too long give me the :x face. LOL! I think this would be a great mascara for you. It’ll open your eyes up a bit without being TOO much.

• Lesley says:

Too long lashes Martha! Oh how I wish! Ive got this and love it. the brush is really good and the formula doesnt transfer as much. im gonna use the brush in another mascara and see what happens…….

4. Nikki says:

I’ve Tried B Darling, to apply mascara on the lower lashes but I just can’t seem to grab any! I just have NO lashes on the lower part! LOL yours look great!

5. [...] Benefit BadGal Lash Blinc Kiss Me Bourjois Pump up the Volume Chanel Inimitable *waterproof* Clinique Bottom Lash Clinique High Definition Clinique High Impact Clinique High Lengths Clinique Lash Power Clinique [...]

6. Silva says:

That is brilliant! I never knew they made mascara for bottom lashes! Must have it. I love mascara there, but I get smudges with most mascaras.

• Manda says:

Try Lash Power or High Impact Curling, they are cold water waterproof like Bottom Lash (aka smudge proof but easy to remove!) Then you can be smudge free all the way around!
      My personal fave Clinique Mascara is High Def… Love the brush them comb, super long lush fringe, but now I get all around wow with the bottom lash and no smudges, its also great for getting all the way into the corners on the upper lash line!

• Brittany says:

Try this one. It simply won’t smudge!

7. Ruth says:

I’ve tried this! It is so good and totally makes your eyes looks bigger!

8. Jen says:

I kinda blew this off when I saw it the first time but seeing it here… It really does define your lower lashes! I’m impressed.

9. Dasia says:

Nice! Does anyone know if they have it in brown?

10. Shi says:

Hey Brit! Is this a tubing mascara like Fiberwig? The removal instructions for it make it sound as if it were but I checked it out at Sephora and I couldn’t see any tiny tubes in the formula. Pixiwoo on Youtube refers to it as a tubing mascara though. Any idea?

11. Jan says:

Hi B, I never bother to put mascara on my bottom lashes but I just may pick this up (for the pj in me). Question: do you curl your lashes?

12. NikiD40 says:

I am not saying this is not a cleaver idea, but why not just go to Sally Beauty buy some small disposable mascara wands and use your regular mascara and achieve the same effect? It’s cheaper, works just as well, you can wash the disposable mascara wand with your other brushes and did I this was a cheaper alternative?

This works for me so I thought I would pass on the tip.

Blessings.

• Brittany says:

I like the formula’s of Clinique’s. It’s a tubing mascara so it works great! Plus a disposable wand is still larger than Clinique’s. I love how tiny the wand on this one is.

13. Tansy says:

How on earth do you get your eyeliner to look like that on your bottom lashes?! I love it! Is it on the waterline?

14. Rachel says:

Purchased and love!! It gets just enough on the bottom without the clumps and flaking! No cleanup necessary after application either!