Brushes from E.L.F are all that and then some!

| April 5, 2011 | 26 Comments

Dear E.L.F. ,
Are you kidding me? Is this a joke? Exactly HOW can these brushes be so soft and apply makeup so beautifully AND be this affordable? Please explain.

Sincerely,

I know I’m always dramatical, y’all but I kid you not–these brushes are fabulous. E.L.F. really surprised me with these. First up, let’s rap on the brushes from the Mineral 5 Piece Bamboo Brush Set. Check this out…

So what comes in this set?

You’ve got:

-Lash & Brow Comb
-Eyeliner brush
-Eye Shadow brush
-Concealer brush
-Powder or blush brush

…and a darling carrying case that makes them perfect for traveling.

The bristles on these were unbelievably soft. Especially the powder brush. It is great for applying an all over powder, bronzer or blush. It’s the real winner in this set. Since I apply concealer with my fingers, I’ve been using the concealer brush for when I apply a primer or creamy/wet eye shadow. The options are endless. I can’t get over how these stellar brushes are only $15. This is the PERFECT brush set for newbies. It’s inexpensive but performs beautifully. You can snag the set from the E.L.F. website. And then there’s the Stipple brush.

If you’ve had your eyes on what I like to call skunk brushes, but didn’t want to spend too much money on one, now is your time, girlfriend. This brush is only $3. Incredible, uh? It is just as soft as its Bamboo sisters. These are my favorite brushes to use when it comes to applying blushes. They soak up just enough color to give you an airbrushed finish. I love this bristles on this kid. I still can’t get over the fact that it’s $3. THREE DOLLARS! Keep your eye on the website for that one. If you want it, get it quickly because it is always selling out.

I’ve calmed down now. But yes, E.L.F.’s brushes are stellar and if you’re in the market for some new brushes, I highly recommend ‘em.

Any E.L.F. brush lovers in the house? Whatcha think?

Tags: ,

Category: Uncategorized

1. Kenya Mack says:

I just bought one of their contour brushes. I’ve heard pretty good things about the quality of their brushes, and they’re affordable! I may have to try more of them out even though I own the 12 piece Sigma brush set.

2. victoria says:

My $1 ELF defining brush is softer than my $18 Clinique crease brush and my $4.99 Sonia Kashuk fluffy e/s brush. My eyelids are very sensitive to “prickliness” when it comes to e/s brushes. I only bought the more expensive brushes because my Target had sold out of their ELF stock.

Now that ELF brushes are back at my local Target I’m going to stock up! My ELF defining brush handle immediately separated from the feral when I took it out of the package. But this brush is so soft and comfortable to use that I just scotch taped it and was fine.

I washed my ELF brush using the extra virgin olive oil and dishwashing liquid method recommended by Michelle Phan and it came out just as soft with no shedding.

• Brittany says:

Yikes, the handle broke off? You’re a girl like me…nothin’ that a little scotch tape or super glue can’t do. Rock on!

3. Michele says:

They’re great!! And I saw E.L.F at Target over the weekend!!

4. Kenya says:

I have a couple of their brushes and I love them. I need to get the stippling brush ASAP.

5. Stacy says:

I love me some e.l.f brushes but I must say that two of my studio brushes have become very loose at the base. :( I’m not happy about that at all, but they are still among my fave brushes. The kabuki brush is hands down the best ever!!!!

• Brittany says:

Tape it up and keep on rockin. I’ve had to do that to some of my brushes that aren’t by E.L.F. Maybe we’re using a brushes a little TOO much. Ha!!!

6. Talya says:

I completely agree! I finally hopped on the bandwagon a couple of months ago and tried out a couple of the e.l.f. brushes from the studio line of & I am in love! Like seriously for $3 each these brushes are a steal!

7. Chai says:

I bought several from Target a few weeks back and love each one! The bristles really are incredibly soft, and because I have sensitive skin, it doesn’t feel as if I’m compromising by choosing a less expensive brush…they are awesome!!

8. Joanne_ says:

get them now while elf is having a 20% sale online!! 5% of proceeds will go to Japan! =)

9. dasia says:

I love their brushes. I have a couple of the eyeshadow and blending brushes there my favs.

10. Ishah says:

I have three of their eyeshadow brushes, a brow/lash comb and a blush brush. They are MORE than worth $1-$3 each brush! I couldn’t believe how great the quality is on these cheapie brushes.

11. Whitney says:

Gosh, I’m all about my Bare Minerals brushes, but your post makes me want to order some of these ASAP! They look fabulous. You know if they’re in stores too or only available online??

12. Amanda says:

Yes! I bought a foundation brush from E.L.F at Target (for a dollar!) and loved it so much I went back and bought the eyeshadow brushes. I will never pay such high prices for MAC’s brushes again.

13. Alyson says:

I love ELF brushes! I’m glad to hear the stipple brush is good because I haven’t had a chance to try it yet. I am madly in love with the studio powder brush aka their “flat top” brush. It’s AMAZING for applying powder foundations like MAC MSFN and Studio Fix. Can’t live without the dang thing. I have 2.

14. [...] of Mascara – is absolutely loving E.L.F.’s makeup brushes. $3 for a skunk for a skunk brush? [...]

15. [...] of Mascara – is absolutely loving E.L.F.’s makeup brushes. $3 for a skunk for a skunk brush? [...]

16. Britt says:

I have the ELF studio Kabuki face brush and the angled foundation brush. I’ve been trying to find a great foundation brush for years, and nothing beats this brush! And for $3 !? I love it. Also, the kabuki brush is amazing. Its so soft, and versatile, its perfect for everything, and I haven’t had a problem with bristles falling out like with my more expensive brushes.