Amor de Lacquer: Revamped nail polish storage, part III

| April 6, 2011 | 14 Comments

Welcome to another post of Amor de Lacquer….the series all about nail polish and nail care! Send me your requests, suggestions and ideas to Brittany@ClumpsOfMascara.com.

I feel like I am FOREVER switching up my nail polish storage. It’s the neat freak in me. If it’s not neat and organized, I’m in a frenzy. Let’s see how long this nail polish storage bit lasts.

Hit the jump to see how I organized thangs.

I got this little stand from Ikea for about $20. Many nail polish fanatics use the Helmer to store their polishes. I’m sure I’ll upgrade to that someday but for now, I’m digging my new contraption. I started off with giving away over 40 polishes. I know, I know…I am still in mourning.

The bottom drawer stores all of my tools. That includes nail art, buffers, filers and all manicure tools.

Next row is green, blues and browns…

And then grays/blacks/whites, glitters, top coats/treatment polishes and glitters…

And then the most popular family colors, oranges, pinks and reds.

And my UV nail light is housed in a neighboring drawer.

This little system is working out. For now. I’m sure I’ll be re-arranging in the next few months.

How do you store your polishes?

Tags: ,

Category: Amor De Lacquer

1. Stacy says:

Well I don’t have that many so I keep all of mine in one of the clear, plastic type shoe boxes. It’s actually full so I guess I will have to get another one or think of another storage method when I get more polishes. What do you do when your polish gets thick? Do those thinners really work?

2. Yasmin says:

I have a drawer under my bed that I store them in =P

3. Jan says:

I only own 3 nail polishes and two of them are clear! *hangs head in shame and exists stage right*

4. Kym says:

I was thinking about a new storage solution for my polishes. I like how you have yours even though all of mine can be stored in a plastic shoe box type container.

5. sara says:

oooh what does the uv light do? does it dry regular polishes better/faster?

6. Ashley says:

Wow! you have ALOT of nail polish! I own like 5 lol.

7. JMP says:

Hi! I love your storage!

I posted pictures of my nailpolish storage over on my blog.

Which brand of nail polish have you found that is truly long lasting? I wash my hands and use alcohol foam alot because of my job…so I’m looking for a nailpolish that can hold up to that..

• Brittany says:

Thanks JMP! I’ll check your blog out. I don’t think any nail polish brand lasts SUPER long. Sounds like you may be a candidate for Shellac!

8. Lola B. says:

Everything looks so organized! I’m def still working on my storage sitch.