Green Tea for me. Thanks St. Ives!

| April 14, 2011 | 15 Comments

Okay, be honest…who else grew used St. Ives Apricot Scrub back in the day? I know I did! It was a stable in my college dorm rooms. St. Ives is back with another scrub, this time using Green Tea. And just as good as that is the Naturally Clear Green Tea Cleanser.

Both are  geared towards treating acne and retail for under $6. I’m not even kidding.

I’ve always been a St. Ives fan and I’m loving them even more since they decided to reformulate their products.

It looks as if all of their skincare products are taking a greener route as they are without parabens and phthalates. Score! The scrub is a winner.

I don’t think it’s for the super sensitive skin ladies though. It may be a little too abrasive. I like to use it at least once a week and it removes those dead skin cells leaving me without super smooth skin. The cleanser is awesome too.

Like the scrub the cleanser has a nice and clean smell and is oil-free. It contains salicylic acid so this is perfect for us acne suffers. The green tea helps to soothe and reduce any redness caused by yucky pimples.  Both retail for for $5.99 and you can snag ‘em at your favorite drugstore, Target or Wal-Mart stores.

I love me some St. Ives…

Have y’all tried these yet?

Tags: , , ,

Category: Skincare

1. Jeneille says:

I love me some St. Ives too. Need to try this out!

2. Brianna says:

I haven’t tried St. Ives, I might give it a try. Would it be too hard on eczema? I have a bit on my cheeks.

• Brittany says:

I’m not sure. I’d test it on a small part of your face before using it all over. Or consult with your dermatologist first.

3. Trina J says:

I’ll raise my hand. I definitely was all about the St.Ives Apricot Scrub for awhile. This product seems really good and minus all the parabens, that is a plus. Thanks for sharing :)

4. Jenna says:

St. Ives was a go-to product for me. I used to love it so much to exfoliate my face. Now I use it as a body scrub.

5. smartsx says:

I LOVE St Ives! from 16 to adulthood, it was such a good scrubber. Classic in my opinion. But sadly, I always got one or two breakouts from it. So i could only use this puppy once every 2-3 weeks, if that! Great review, thanks so much

6. Sheena says:

I GOTTA HAVE IT!!

7. Cara says:

I remember St. Ives! Brings me back :D Must try! Love brands going the natural route!

8. Cinnie says:

So happy you mentioned these! I am currently using the Aveeno daily brightening scrub and following it up with an anti-acne salicylic acid foam cleanser, but that’s 2 steps + costly.

When they run out, St. Ives, I’m comin’ for you!

Thanks for the review, Lady B! <3

9. [...] How could I forget St. Ives’ Green Tea scrub? It is definitely a gentler version of the Apricot Scrub. View This [...]