Almay Makeup Eraser Sticks. Do these things really work?

| July 13, 2011 | 15 Comments

I mean, do they? After all, gals have been dipping their beloved Q-Tips and cotton swaps in makeup remover for centuries now. In a sense, Almay didn’t really invent anything new. So are their cute little makeup eraser sticks worth your $5 and change?

Hmmm, you tell me.

Actually, darling…I think these sticks are darn cute and practical. Even if you’re like me and already keep Q-Tips and makeup remover on deck. I found that these are perfect for touch-up’s on the go and for traveling.

Like, if your eyeliner or mascara starts smudging…these babies will come in handy. And they’re easy to use.

Simply snap off the the side with the swap that has the purple line around it….

And the makeup remover goes down to the OTHER side.

Pretty nifty, uh? And if you’re the kind of gal that needs reminders on HOW to use (we won’t judge you), the plastic totable case has directions on the back.

The fragrance-free and oil-free makeup remover is great for sensitive skin and does a dynamic job at REALLY removing makeup.

Not that you’ll ever need to use it to remove a line of eyeshadow on your arm, but…you never know 8)

The point is, it does the job and it does it well for only $5. That will get you 24 of ‘em. I got them on sale at CVS but I’ve also seen them at Target, Walgreens and other drugstore.

Have you tried these yet, darlings? Whatcha think?

Tags: ,

Category: Eyes

1. Ashley says:

These would definitely be a staple for on-the-go touch ups.
    I’m scared the make up remover is the same as Almays two other make up removers though. Those stung my eyes red like roses!

2. shavanda says:

Definitely nifty. Question is, will it remove waterproof eyeliner *raises eyebrow*

3. Sherry Blossom says:

I really like! Nifty and on the go! I have to check these out! Thanks for the review! And if you happen to frequent the counter often sometimes you do have stray swatches all over…how many times have you left a counter thinking you wiped it all off lol!

• Brittany says:

Girl, I did that at home. LOL! I do it at the counters too. I alwaaaays forget to wipe the swatches off. Ha!

4. McKenna says:

How perfect would these be for the gym! I often go right after class and feel so silly wearing makeup on the elliptical.

• Brittany says:

That’s an idea!! Sometimes I work out after work and also feel a little made-up when I’m at the gym. Ha!

5. Ashley says:

I think these are great for on the go! In fact, I saw a coupon for these in the paper recently. Might have to get these!

• Brittany says:

Noooo!! I so didn’t see a coupon. Although I did get an ExtraCare buck with ‘em at CVS. Yay for savings!

6. Becca says:

I’ve never the almay kind because I didn’t know they made some but I used the kind bare essentials makes. Same cost same concept you can get these from ulta or sephora. I can’t live without them.

7. Great concept, but my cheap self will probably stick to good ole’ Q-tips!

8. dblcr says:

this seems REALLY wasteful. at least with a qtip you can use BOTH sides of the qtip. but this product you’re breaking off one side and simply discarding it.
    i’ll pass

• Brittany says:

When you’re traveling or on the go and don’t have much space for q-tips AND makeup remover, these come in pretty handy. I wouldn’t use them for daily use.

9. [...] I wasn’t too happy about this mascara, do you know what a better product from Almay is? Their Makeup Remover Sticks. I’m still lovin’ those. What do you think? Think I got a bad tube or is this mascara [...]