POLL: Shopping. Yay or nay?

| December 14, 2011 | 15 Comments

I have a confession, y’all. I’m not a shopper. In fact…I suck at it. The only places I can shop without cringing are beauty stores (obviously), tech stores and book stores. Department stores put me in some kind of trance. And not in a “OMG, I’m so excited I can’t even think straight” kind of trance. But in a “OMG, this is so overwhelming. Where do I start?” trance.

I blame Mama Clumps. Really, I do. I remember having to spend hours in department stores with her as a kid. I’d take books with me and sit cross legged outside of fitting rooms waiting for her to say, “I’m done.”¬†Going shopping always seemed like a punishment.

Esposo and I are going to Maryland for the holidays and considering it’s been a summery winter all season here in Florida, I figured I’d better get us some warmer wear. I went to….the mall.

I know. My sentiments exactly. I go to a mall a good 3-4 times a year if I’m lucky. And even that’s pushing it. The good news is, I actually had a pleasant time shopping this go round. I made a list of what I wanted to get, printed off coupons (you know how I do…) and only ventured around the departments I needed to be at.

Okay, I’m lying. I did make my way over to shoes (I REALLY need a pair of comfortable leather boots), purses and jewelry, but come on…even I can’t get away from the magnetic force that is boots and Movado watches. Anywhoovers, for the first time EVER, I made it in and out of the mall having spent under budget and WITH the items I came for. That absolutely never happens. Don’t get me wrong. I am still far from a shopaholic but this shopping trip was actually…tolerable. Where do you stand when it comes to shopping?

P.S. – Anytime any of you trendy gals want to visit me here in Central Florida and show me how to shop, let me know. I know how to paint nails and pick out makeup like a professional but my fashion sense could sooooo use some help.

Tags: , ,

Category: Fashion

1. Shavonda says:

Hey love…now you KNOW I got you. Where makeup is your thing…SHOPPING and FASHION are my things!! And since my lil sis lives in Melbourne I will definitely be back in your area in the future and when I do we are going on a shopping date!!!

2. Latorsha says:

Don’t tempt me with a visit to FL because I will be looking for you. The northeast is COLD this time of year and it just gets worse and worse. My skin has gotten tough since my days in SC, but I can use a trip to FL. ;)
    I do enjoy shopping but I am not a shopaholic, and I usually need someone to come along and cosign the things I pick out. lol
    Latorsha recently blogged about Marriage: Getting busy in the bedroom, hallway, etc.My Profile

3. Losing weight and shopping is hard :/
    Stefanie (IFCURVESCOULDTALK) recently blogged about Weight Watcher’s Weekly Weigh-In: I didnt weigh in….My Profile

4. Alice says:

I like shopping but I HATE trying things on. Nothing stresses me more than trying to figure out what size I should take to the dressing room, trying 12 billion things on and nothing fitting…stuff of nightmares I tell you.

Alice
    Alice in Nappyland
    Alice recently blogged about Hair Idol: Herieth PaulMy Profile

5. Mel says:

CUTE! You look very nice and the color looks good with your complexion… But don’t think I don’t see you trying to rub the fact that you’re in the warm weather in our faces!!! ;-D

6. victoria says:

Have fun in Maryland!

7. Zelda says:

Wow, I feel ya. I hate shopping! I walk into a clothing store and don’t know where to go at all! It’s so stressful! People are always rude or in the way.
    Zelda recently blogged about Wet ‘n’ Wild Wednesdays: I Dream of GreenieMy Profile

8. Lavendar says:

Yayyy! You will be in my neck of the woods for the holidays. The weather is actually not too bad during the day (not for us natives anyway), but it gets really cold at night. Maryland weather is weird, since were kinda stuck between north and south. It could be 70 degrees this week and snowing the next. Always good to be prepared! As for shopping, I love to mall shop but only a few times a year. I can’t stay in the mall often.

9. Channing says:

I don’t hate shopping, it’s enjoyable as long as too many people aren’t included in the festivities and I’m not hungry.

Love that dress on you though, hope you got it :)
    Channing recently blogged about Try A Trend: Wear A CapeMy Profile

10. Anita says:

MARYLANDDD come visit me!! lol go to ocean city, it’s like ghetto florida.