Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters. I want them ALL!

| January 24, 2012 | 24 Comments

It’s been forever and a day since a lip product has been captivating enough for me to shell out some pennies on it. WITHOUT coupons. That’s practically a sin, yo. Purchasing anything without it being on sale is painful but this lippie was the band-aid. Seriously.

Ole’ Rev has won some serious cool points with me regarding this Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie.

First of all, it’s a balm. And we all know how much I obsess over really like balms. As much as I love lipsticks and lipglosses, it’s the amount the balms that run my cosmetic bag. I was weary about trying this one simply because I didn’t want to be disappointed.

And let’s face it….did I really need any more lip balms?

Don’t answer that.

I scooped this baby up at Walgreens for $7.49 and let’s put it this way…I’ve been using it daily. Yo…when a beauty blogger uses a product daily, it’s the shizzle fo nizzle.

Remember that time Snoop Dogg had a TV Show called Doggy Fizzle Televizzle? Okay, never mind.
I’ll stay focused.

On zee lips:

Pro’s:
-Amazing color selection. There are 20 of them!
-Raspberry Pie is nice and pigmented.
-Feels wonderfully moisturizing on the lips.
-Unscented. I don’t like smelly lip products so I LOVE this aspect.
-Perfect for using with a lipliner.
-Long-lasting. I don’t have to apply for a good 3-4 hours. Not bad!
-Pretty packaging. It’s all luxurious…

Con’s:
-Can be pricey for some.
-Swatches on website/display are waaaay off.
-Can be difficult to find.

Those “Con’s” are relative of course but overall, I think these Lip Butters are amazing. I do want more. A lot more. I’ve scooped up Lollipop and Tutti Fruiti and will do a post on those too.

Have you tried these lip butters yet? Whatcha think?

Tags: , ,

Category: Lips

1. Cinnie says:

I got Red Velvet yesterday and am in LOVE. Will be returning for a few more tomorrow, in fact. That raspberry shade looks good on you, I might get it for myself.
    Cinnie recently blogged about Review: Clinique Lash-Building PrimerMy Profile

2. Seems like everyone is raving about these! I love them too, Tutti Frutti is the perfect shade for me. Loving how Raspberry Pie looks on you :)
    Makeup Morsels recently blogged about My Secret Contouring Weapon: NYX Blush in TaupeMy Profile

3. Nora says:

I got the same one, as well as a red and a neutral. I’m so pleased with them! I love how they’re more on the lipstick side of things; the texture of them is really amazing and I LOVE the color payoff. They’re perfect for my school bag. I can’t wait to try more colors!

4. Pretty!!
    Stefanie (IFCURVESCOULDTALK) recently blogged about Review: Chicstix Shaving WandMy Profile

5. Michelle says:

I really love this color on you… I will be picking this bad boy up

6. gio says:

That looks so pretty on you!
    gio recently blogged about New Collection: Nars Spring 2012My Profile

7. tai says:

I LOVE them, I got Rasberry Pie, Lollipop, and Red Velvet. I have my eye on FIg Jam and Brown sugar. They’re super moisturizing, the color pay off is amazing, and I loveeeeee the packaging!

8. Khadine says:

Can’t wait to try them! They’re definitely hard to find…I’ve been to a few drugstores in search of them, with no luck. Think I’ll try Walgreens next!
    Khadine recently blogged about BEHIND THE SCENES: Tropical 2 Piece Swimsuit & Handmade Feather Earrings!My Profile

9. Madeline says:

I’m waiting on a good Revlon sale, some coupons, and having some extra money and then I will be buying these up at an alarming rate! Every swatch I’ve seen makes me want them even more.
    Madeline recently blogged about Wet n Wild DisturbiaMy Profile

10. Vanessa says:

really. now if you’re a fan of these you need to try the product that inspired them all. CLINIQUE CHUBBY STICKS! They are THE BOMB.

11. OSHH says:

Interesting mmmmmm, will be on the lookout!

12. Channing says:

Oh, girl! The pigmentation is amazing! I think I need them all too, well, if I can find them.
    Channing recently blogged about Try A Trend: A Pop of NeonMy Profile

13. Jenn C says:

Just picked up Sugar Plum at Walmart…$6.48!!! I am loving it!!!

14. Daisy says:

I have the one in creme brulee. It’s absolutely stunning if I do say so myself I love how it feels on my lips and it stays on quite long. Revlon really hit it with this one!
    Daisy recently blogged about U.S. Vaccination ScheduleMy Profile

15. Belinda says:

These are the BALM (get it, get it? moving on…)

I have tutti fruiti and as a colored femme like yourself, its WONDERFUL on. Never thought I could pull off orange…I so can. Take that, orange!

16. Tisha says:

I have sweet tart and strawberry pie, I like pink. I love these. They are silky smooth, no smell. I will be going back for more!!!!

17. [...] am I kidding? I am already having a love affair with Revlon’s Lip Butters. I want to marry those things. But I [...]

18. Mia D says:

I’m not sure how I feel about these but overall I probably won’t be buying more. I got them in Creamsicle & Berry Smoothie. Creamsicle is a nude color that has no sparkle in it and actually feels like a butter (leans more on the moisturizing side than the other I bought). Meanwhile Berry Smoothie had little flecks of glitter in it and felt more like a lipstick (dry). It’s truly frustrating when companies make one shade different than another. Then there’s the fact that you only get 2.55g in the lip butters and my favorite lip balm (Dr.Pepper Lipsmackers) you get 4g. Yet you’re paying ~$7 for the Revlon (unless you can find it on sale or w/a coupon) and only ~$1.90 for the Lipsmackers. The Revlon lip butters are nice for those who want a dryer balm with good color payoff. I just wish more products like the Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers would come out. I’ll probably just keep the packaging, melt down my Lipsmackers, and put it in the Revlon packaging.

19. Maggie says:

Wow! That color looks fantastic on you! Going to have to pick this one up for myself. I recently picked up Peach Parfait, Red Velvet, and Candy Apple. The latter two are more opaque, whereas the former is sheer but shimmery.

For the lip butters, I was able to detect a light vanilla-like scent (keep in mind, my nose is particularly sensitive to smells) but it’s not particularly bothersome since it doesn’t give me headaches or make me nauseous (and MANY scented lipsticks do). I would prefer no scent or a true vanilla scent.

20. [...] of Revlon’s mascaras. In my opinion, most of them suck. However, I actually really like their new lip butters and nail polishes. If I totally wrote off Revlon as a brand, I may do myself a complete disservice [...]

21. Sue says:

Raspberry Pie looks so beautiful on you! I have that shade too and love it. I really want Berry Smoothie but everywhere I go, it’s sold out. Some day…. :-)

22. [...] I’m not gonna tell y’all how long I’ve had that lipliner. Anywhoovers, then I applied Revlon’s Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie. [...]

23. Sophie says:

That color looks awesomely beautiful on you!

24. [...] they are so insanely smooth that they almost feel like a balm. Their drugstore sister could be Revlon’s Lip Butters except these are creamier and are housed in prettier packaging. No shade to those Revvie  Lip [...]