Soft skin and lips with NIVEA’s newest.

| February 23, 2012 | 12 Comments

Okay, quick crazy story about NIVEA. And I do mean quick. For the longest I would call Nivea (pronounced Niv-E-ya) Na-vay-ya. And I was so obsessed with how it sounded, that I promised myself that I would name my first child Nivea. Of course I made this declaration when I was like…14.

Wait – so I was the only teen who already had their babies’ names picked out? Come on, y’all. Confess it up. I knowwww I wasn’t the only one. 8) For the record, I have since dropped that name for a potential Clumps kid. I do have other names picked out though. Bahahaaa!

Anywhoovers, good ole’ NIVEA has some new goodies for us skincare lovers and I just had to share them with you.

I’ve got super sensitive skin and so I stick to using a strict regimen of preservative-free skincare products but every now and then I like to review the popular brands of the world. Let’s check out the babies of the bunch first.

These lippes are pretty, uh? NIVEA A Kiss of Vitamin Swirl is packed with antioxidant-rich fruit extracts. It has a subtle hint of color. So subtle that if your lips are pigmented you probably wouldn’t notice it. The blue one (Kiss of Mint & Minerals) has organic shea butter and jojoba butter in it. Since it’s “mint”, you’re going to get that tingly mint feeling that you either really love or really hate. I don’t mind it. Aside from tasting a little funny, I dug these lip balms. Vitamin Swirl had a faint fruity scent and smell and Kiss of Mint & Minerals is minty. They don’t last forever but while they are on the lips, they keep the lippies moisturized. These babies retail for $2.99.

Next up is NIVEA’s Touch of Renewal Lathering Body Scrub with HYRDRA IQ.

I formally made the switch to handmade bar soaps but every now and then I get the urge to use a bodywash. It’s an exfoliating body wash that has a thick lather. I love how it feels but the fragrance is pretty strong. Almost TOO strong. It has a nice and clean smell but it was overpowering and just a bit too much for moi.

Still, if you’re in the perfect for a luscious body wash that polishes the skin to a smooth finish, you’ll love this one. It goes for $5.99.

And theeeeen there’s NIVEA’s Extended Moisture Daily Lotion.

Okay remember – just because the packaging says the lotion will last for 48 hours doesn’t mean you HAVE to wear it for 48 hours. ;) Even so, I love how this lotion feels. It isn’t greasy or watery like some drugstore lotions can be. It sinks into the skin nicely without a filmy finish and does a darn good job at bustin’ ash.

Plus, it doesn’t have a loud fragrance like its brother, the body wash. It goes for $7.99.

You can grab all of these goodies at CVS Pharmacy. CVS so rocks, yo. Have you tried anything from NIVEA lately?

Tags: ,

Category: Body, Skin, Skincare

1. Diana L. says:

I love NIVEA! I am not exaggerating when I say that I use their cream (the one in the blue jar) EVERYDAY of my life for the past 29 years. … no seriously. Now, I use their lotion.

2. Diane Cristi says:

I used to want to name my kid Penelope when I was little :P

I love all the nivea lip alms they are sooooo hydrating it’s like a waterfall on your lips!

3. Ashley says:

I might have to try the lotion, although I don’t really get the 48 hrs thing (don’t most people shower everyday?). So about the baby names … my friend just named her baby “Neveah” which sounds a lot like na-vah-ya. She picked it because it’s “heaven” spelled backwards.
    Ashley recently blogged about Sally Hansen Crackle Ink SplatterMy Profile

4. Niceeeeee and thank you for the reminder today xoxo
    Stefanie (IFCURVESCOULDTALK) recently blogged about VLOG: Im a Loser baby….wait! Am I?My Profile

5. Vanessa says:

I haven’t used Nivea in a long time…I like the name a lot though. I remember using their balm a while back and I wasn’t much a fan but I will want to try that bodywash though!
    Vanessa recently blogged about OOTN: Valentine’s DayMy Profile

6. Madeline says:

I definitely have my kids’ names picked out already! Henry for a boy, Violet for a girl.

I’ve only tried one Nivea lotion and I hated it. It smelled like a middle school locker room and it made my hands really sticky. I do love their lip balm, though.
    Madeline recently blogged about H&M Going to the OperaMy Profile

7. Daena says:

I recently tried their “Kiss of Smoothness” lip balm. LOVE IT! I’m also a huge fan of their original creme. Really love the brand overall!
    Daena recently blogged about Milani Liquif-eye Eyeliner in Black and Aqua — review and swatchesMy Profile

8. Isa says:

I also had the names of my kids picked out at an early age. i wanted to name my first son Alvin Anthony (I still crack up at the name Alvin, it reminds of the chipmunks.). I would have killed my name with that name. ha ha! Poor child! I wanted to name my daughter Alexandra, but never did. My son is Jared David and my daughter Eglys Julisa. I think I killed her with Eglys, but its unique and it so fits her with her unique sense of style and personality. Thanks for sharing! I loved the new Nivea vitamin swirl chapstick. I looks great! I might just need to make a trip to get me some! Thanks again! Isa

9. Jyoan says:

I have been out of touch with Nivea for some time now. I stopped buying because I realised that many of their old products contain petrolatum, and their traditional blue tin cream irritates my hands so much.

It’s great that this new ones have quite a short ingredients list, and looks alright to me.
    Jyoan recently blogged about What’s In My Makeup Pouch?My Profile