No Longer Walking Dead with Maybelline’s Eye Studio Ink Pen Eyeliner

| March 2, 2012 | 17 Comments

Mascara? Yeah, whatever. Eyeliner? Can’t leave home without it. I know, I’m pathetic. I never wanted to be one of those gals who couldn’t leave the house without makeup but I look like The Walking Dead without eyeliner. And I’m not even kidding. A little bit of black eyeliner gives my eyes definition and makes me look more awake. But liquid liner?

Liquid liner is the bee’s knees and butterfly’s wings if you know how to use it correctly. Don’t even think about asking me for tips, dude. I am still struggling with applying it. Maybelline is hitting us with a new one and by George, I think I like it!

The tip has a darn good point.

Which is a good thing. A liquid eyeliner with a dull point or a point that collapses too easily can make for ineffective application. And ineffective application will have you looking like a 2nd grader did your makeup. Which is no bueno. This black liner looks really black. Which I love.

It lasts throughout the day without many problems. It did flake on me after I rubbed my eye a bit, but I’m used to that happening with most eyeliners.

Pro’s
-Affordable. Depending on where you go, it’s between $6.99-$7.99.
-It has a nice and intense black color.
-Nice point-y tip that makes it easy to draw both thin and thick strokes.
-Long lasting.

Con’s
-Can flake if you rub your eyes.
-Dries out if you leave the top off for a few minutes.

Have you seen this eyeliner around? Whatcha think?

Tags: , ,

Category: Eyes

1. I normally like liquid liners. I think the price is nice. Plus, Looks good on you.
    The Girlie Blogger recently blogged about Skin Care Product Review – Bliv Glow and Shine Skin Smoothing MaskMy Profile

2. Zelda says:

Wow that is super precise! Is that a foam tip on the end? My friend swears by the Kat Von D eyeliners because they have a tip that looks similar to that one, except they are bristles that don’t bend or spray out… super cool! I’m so pale that black eyeliner looks unnatural, but by-golly it looks so natural on you! You rock at applying that ;)
    Zelda recently blogged about Urban Decay: the fun Palette part 2!: SwatchesMy Profile

• Brittany says:

Yep, that’s a foam tip. I’ll have to check out Kat Von D’s. And if black liner is too harsh, try blue, purple or brown. :)

3. Ashley says:

Computer totally freaked out mid-comment, so sorry if this is a duplicate. Anyway, I have issues with liquid eyeliner. I just can’t apply it to save my life. I’ve been using Cover Girl’s Perfect Point eyeliner for years, but I don’t really love it, so I’m not sure why that is, LOL! Definitely looking for a new go-to eyeliner.
    Ashley recently blogged about A England Princess Tears – Legend collectionMy Profile

• Brittany says:

Girlfriend, I feel your pain. I am STILL struggling to apply it. I find that the easiest way to do it is to “connect the line”. Make small strokes rather than trying to apply one long line.

4. Virginia says:

I must say..as someone who has yet to master liquid liner..if you can do it..maybe I can to:)

5. victoria says:

Wow that looks really pretty!
    Right now I have a Lancome Artliner and it refuses to run out or dry out lol. But I will def check this one out, esp since it seems less glossy than most liquid e/l, and I prefer matte finishes

6. I haven’t tried it yet. I did have issues with liquid liner, but I tried Urban Decay’s liquid liner and for some reason that one just works for me. And I can rub my eyes without flaking. It is one of my few holy grail products.
    Leticia – Cosmetics Aficionado recently blogged about Comment on Urban Decay 24/7 Shadow Pencil Stash by Leticia – Cosmetics AficionadoMy Profile

7. I swear with any other liner I have a steady hand with pens though, nope!
    Stefanie (IFCURVESCOULDTALK) recently blogged about National Eating Disorders Awareness Week!My Profile

8. Vanessa says:

It looks really nice. I prefer pencils over liquid though Like Urban decay, they dont ever flake. P.s. im in the same boat, i can leave without everything but my eyeliner!
    Vanessa recently blogged about OOTD: Mixing PrintsMy Profile

9. Diane Cristi says:

Looks so wonderful!!! have you tried the felt tip liner from Jordana? It’s really good as well!
    Diane Cristi recently blogged about NOTD- Steel Grey by RimmelMy Profile

10. love a great liquid liner! i’m with you, i try to always have some type of liner on for sure
    Vonnie (socialitedreams) recently blogged about Recap – All 28 Days of Black Beauty Looks 2012My Profile

11. Channing says:

I love liquid eyeliner and the way it looks but it just love me. I haz no skills when it comes to this product. I cackled at your title too, I recently gave into the hype to see what all the fuss was about with that show.
    Channing recently blogged about Orange, You Glad It’s Almost Spring?My Profile

12. Kimberly says:

It’s cool that these types of liners have tiny little points. I like to build my line thickness up little bit by little bit.
    Kimberly recently blogged about It’s My Birthday Party At The Pink Vanity Giveaway!My Profile

13. Eugenia says:

oooo I need to check this out, I am loving liquid pen liners!
    Eugenia recently blogged about FOTD- Green and PinkMy Profile