Pretty Polishes: Sally Hansen Smooth + Perfect polishes

| March 9, 2012 | 8 Comments

Lately I’ve been letting my nails breathe a bit. It’s a necessity for gals like me who polish her nails at least 5-7 times a week. My poor nails take a beating. Not as bad as they were when I was wearing acrylic and gel nails (never again, yo) but I believe in going nail polish free often so that my nails can continue to be strong.

Of course that period of time really only lasts like 3 days. Ha! I can’t help! I love nail polish. Usually when I come off of a nail polish detox, I like start off with softer shades. You know…instead of jumping into the crazy bright neons and glitters. Sally Hansen’s Smooth and Perfect Color Care polishes are perfect for this…

Here’s what Sally Hansen says…

“These polishes are designed to hide ridges and imperfections. They have a uniquely breathable formula promotes stronger, healthier looking nails with a patented technology that allows for up to 20% more oxygen to reach the nail. Ridges and imperfections are virtually erased and nails are left looking smooth, shiny and porcelain perfect.”

Niiiiice. These shades are all sheer, dainty and perfect for when you want to give your nails a break from all of the hardcore colors and finishes.

Sea is a light pistachio that I didn’t think I’d like but I really do. Aside from being very work-appropriate, this color will also look beautiful with some nail art on top.

Sorbet is so creamy and wonderful! Please excuse the bubbling on the pointer finger. This faint peach is so refreshing. Plus it reminds me of my paternal Grandma for some reason. :)

Dune appears to be a beige with just a touch of shimmer in it. The other polishes were creamy but I noticed a few lines of an opal finish in this one.

I used 3 coats for each of these and the best thing about ‘em is they aren’t streaky! It’s almost impossible to find polishes this faint that aren’t streaky. Sally Hansen has 5 more polishes similar to these and you can snag ‘em at drugstores nationwide for about $5.49. Oh! And you can also get them online at Drugstore.com.

Are you a fan of fairer shades or would you rather go bold or go home?

Tags: ,

Category: Nails

1. Ishah says:

I like Dune and Sorbet, they look really smooth and wonderful! Loving the fact that they are so streak-free, you’re right it’s SO hard to find a light polish that isn’t streaky.
    Ishah recently blogged about New Haircut & Style by Tiffany at Beauty HeavenMy Profile

2. rtuko says:

Interesting! I’m a reformed childhood nail-biter/picker and the only way I can keep my nails strong is to keep them manicured…I’m less liable to pick at or chew (yuck, I know) them if I have a mani I don’t want to ruin! If I go for any time w/o a mani, the bare nails start driving me crazy and they break. I haven’t really let them “breathe” in years, and I don’t really notice a difference? I do try to use polishes with no toxins, though.

3. Pretty colors!!!
    Stefanie (IFCURVESCOULDTALK) recently blogged about OUTFIT OF THE DAY: A cool breeze….My Profile

4. Diane Cristi says:

I’m loving Sea!
    Diane Cristi recently blogged about Sibu Beauty ReviewMy Profile

5. Amoure Jones says:

These are all very pretty and I’d like to try them all out. I’m versatile when it comes to nail polish because I’m such a lover of it so some days I’ll have on a super bright pink and then some days a muted grayish lavender.
    Amoure Jones recently blogged about NOTD: Hot Summer Pink (Diamond Cosmetics)My Profile

6. Love your swatches of these! And while I usually like bold nails, something about these has me really loving them- so dreamy and easy to wear! Love the pearlescent shimmer some of them have. Oh, and as you mentioned- it’s amazing that these aren’t a streak-fest for such pale, sheer colours.
    The Lacquer Tracker recently blogged about Ozotic 507 (…more like "Chanel Peri-don’t need it any more"!)My Profile

7. I like subtle pastels, and these are gorgeous :)
    Beauty and the Scientist recently blogged about Review: MAC VIntage Coin Metal-X ShadowMy Profile

8. Chloe B says:

I like all nail shades (: I’m a TOTAL nail polish junkie, and I do my nails (like intricate designs) every week. I’d do more, but my mom (and, frankly, I do too) Hates the fumes. My collection is ever-growing [: