Wet ‘n Wild’s Comfort Zone palette – brace yourself for this one…

| March 9, 2012 | 22 Comments

Oh my. This palette took my breath away. I didn’t expect it to be so gorgeous. A quick glance of it and it looks pretty average, right?

I mean…you’ve got one side that will give you a nice daytime look and then you’ve got another that will give you an after 5-eye. But there’s really nothing special about it at first glance. Never, darlings…NEVER judge an eyeshadow palette at first glance. After some swatches, I have discovered that this palette is a diamond. It’s sooooo pretty!

The shadows on the left are all work-safe and un-intimidating.

…and the shadows to the right are rich and gorgeous.

And like all Wet ‘n Wild palettes, the back packaging gives you an idea of where to place each shadow. Which is definitely helpful for makeup newbies.

I’m finding that swatching shadows on my arms and displaying them WITHOUT cropping is so much better for viewing and for getting an idea of how the shades look…

Oh. And that blue brown shade?

Stunning! These shadows were silky, creamy and just a dream to work with. Wet ‘n Wild makes it so hard to justify spending more than a few bucks on some eyeshadow. Their quality of these palettes are just…wow. Unbelievable. And these palettes are only $4.99.

I love Wet ‘n Wild so much. I can’t even stand it.

Tags: , , ,

Category: Eyes

1. Tamika D. says:

How long does this last on your eyes? I am so skeptic about cheaper eye shadows because in the past they didn’t last more than an hour. The makeup I use now will last 8+ hours. That’s something I always wonder about with less expensive eye products.
    Tamika D. recently blogged about Homemade Eats & Treats: Spicy Chops & Tasty SpudsMy Profile

• Brittany says:

With a great eyeshadow base, cheaper shadows (given that they aren’t crumbly or sheer) can last just as long as the more expensive eyeshadows. True story!

2. Mary says:

I love this palette so much. I want to use it every day. My only real complaint is that the deep brown shade is so soft that it crumbles and gets all over the other shades. :( Aside from that, Comfort Zone is my all time favorite palette.
    Mary recently blogged about Pittsburgh Sports Inspired Makeup – TutorialMy Profile

3. ChiChi says:

I picked up this palette today but put it back. I am kicking myself now.
    ChiChi recently blogged about New WnW ShadowsMy Profile

4. Jun says:

I love these palettes too! The ‘Blue had me at hello’ palette from the same series is freaking gorgeous too!! Dont ever drop them tho, they shatter really easily. When I dropped my first one every shade shattered and the brown eyelid shade (the mac dupe one) completely fell out. The dark brown shade never stopped shedding itself into my makeup bag :(
    Jun recently blogged about NOTD: Static FunkMy Profile

5. I’m glad you finally got your hands on it :) it indeed an extremely gorgeous palette at a great price.
    Beauty and the Scientist recently blogged about Lancome Haul and Color Design EyeshadowsMy Profile

6. Bailey says:

I recently got this palette and OMG! It is fantastic! The blue/brown shade alone would be worth it :D
    Bailey recently blogged about Perfect Couple: Revlon Whimsical & China Glaze Sea SprayMy Profile

7. Alice says:

Wet n Wild has been making some amazing stuff lately! I have their Princess bronzer and I’m so in love with it. I’ll be checking out their eyeshadow palettes next because these are beautiful!
    Alice recently blogged about Wet n Wild Color Icon Bronzer in PrincessMy Profile

8. Zelda says:

Every time I go to my Ulta or drug store they are always out of this one! It’s so frustrating! Great swatches :)
    Zelda recently blogged about Wet ‘n’ Wild Wednesday: Brulee & NuttyMy Profile

9. I need to pick that up, because the blue-brown reminds me of Two-Faced Label Whore, but a little bluer (LW is greener), and LW is my FAVORITE EYESHADOW

10. Ashley says:

I’ve never tried Wet n Wild eyeshadows, ever. So I’m actually really glad you posted this because now I’m going to. I’m sort of a makeup snob and I snub the cheaper brands, but if you say it’s great I’m going to give it a whirl. They look way more pigmented than I expected which is awesome! And I kind of suck at pairing good shadow combos, so I like when they all come in a nice palette.
    Ashley recently blogged about Icing Pink MagnetixMy Profile

• Brittany says:

Let me know if you try these. And trust me…I too used to be a snob but Wet ‘n Wild, Milani and New York Color NYC have all converted me!

11. gio says:

What a great palette! The shades looked so boring in the pan, but are amazing when swatched.
    gio recently blogged about Why Does Hair Turn Grey?My Profile

12. Catherine says:

This is actually my go to shadow palette when I want to do a quick look! I only have a tiny complain which is I which the brow bone color was matte. But beside that I really love it!
    Catherine recently blogged about Maybelline Great Lash ♥ Lots of Lashes ♥My Profile

13. Vanessa says:

I actually have been eyeing their shadows and I know everyone says they are awesome. So I think I actually will peep them.
    Vanessa recently blogged about What’s on my nails?: Neon GreenMy Profile

14. Jyoan says:

I like the colours! I just bought a few WnW palettes over ebay. Don’t have their stores in my country. =(
    Jyoan recently blogged about Skincare Tip: Featuring Garnier Light B.B. CreamMy Profile

15. Kelly says:

I’ve been contemplating picking this up for a while. Now I definitely have to!
    Kelly recently blogged about Color Club Magnetic Force: Electro-MidnightMy Profile

16. Virginia says:

I had been debating on and off for a while about getting this . Green is supposed to be great for brown eyes (and my eyes are super dark brown), and I love the neutrals on the left. I think its settled!
    Virginia recently blogged about Review! Covergirl & Olay’s New Tone Rehab 2-in-1 FoundationMy Profile

17. Wowza! I have to admit, I was skeptical based on first glance, but the swatches look so lovely… and for the price, how can you go wrong? ;)
    The Lacquer Tracker recently blogged about Ozotic 507 (…more like "Chanel Peri-don’t need it any more"!)My Profile

18. Olivia says:

This palette looks amazing ! Does anyone know if it’s available in London ? I don’t live there (neither in the US so I can’t get it anywhere), but I’m going soon that’s why I’m asking. Please let me know :)

19. Hara says:

Thank you so much for recommending this palette! I got it and it’s fabulous! Excellent pigmentation, the colours are right up my street and they last for a really long time. Thanks again!

20. jt says:

i just got this today! i saw it, was like, nah, the ingredients. then i kept thinking about it, then got $3 cvs bucks, then had to go there to buy some formula ;o) i re-read the ingredients, missed the part about the parabens, but was so happy to get it.

got home, checked out the ewg database about it, turns out the aluminum parts are worse than parabens! i was going to return it, but i already fell in love ;o)