Fuchsia Eyeshadow for Friday. Oooh yeah!

| April 27, 2012 | 22 Comments

Doing makeup is like learning another language. If you don’t practice that ish, you’ll lose it. It’s a scientific fact. In attempts to hold on to my Spanish language, I go around tweeting en Espanol. I call it tweetando. Don’t go Google-ing that word because I totally made it up. When it comes to makeup, well…I’ve been playing around in it a lot lately. I can crank out a neutral eye in 5 minutes flat like it ain’t nobody’s business.

But vibrant looks? They take more time. Still though…I’ve been challenging myself to press it to the limit when it comes to these kind of looks. At the same time, I want these so-called vibrant looks to be work appropriate. Whether pink eyeshadow could be dubbed “work-appropriate” is debatable though. ;)

I used Milani’s Baked Eyeshadow in Must Have Fuchsia to get some pink-y goodness. Developed to use wet and dry, these baked eyeshadows require a bit of work to really get to the colors to pop. In fact, I tried them both wet AND dry and found that I like using them dry better. It took a bit of packing on to make the pink THAT pink. Or pank as some of us say. Bahahaaaa!

Oh, and for my lips?

I do a ‘whole lot of mixing in the beauty lab (ahem…bathroom) but this was by far the coolest lip creation I’ve ever come up with. I want a nail polish shade like this. And I want to dye a few of my locs this color. If I had a favorite color, it would very well be this one. And y’all are gonna hate me for it, but I used FIVE products to achieve that lip look. Check ‘em below.

EYES:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
NYX Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil
Milani Must Have Fuchsia baked eyeshadow (lid)
Make Up For Ever #92 (outer-v)
Laura Mercier Rosewood (bridge between crease & browbone)
Laura Mercier Golden Cream (browbone)
MAC Cosmetics liquid liner (way too jagged)
Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes mascara

FACE:
Cover FX Total Coverage Cream Foundation
tarte Hotel Heiress bronzer
Bobbi Brown Brownie Shimmerbrick (throooowback)

LIPS:
Manic Panic Deadly Night
NYX Pink Caramel
Homemade lipstick of mine called No More 9-5
MAC Port Red
Some pink-y gloss of a bootleg brand. No really, I don’t know what the brand is.

I’m really trying to make more of an effort in doing my brows. I get them threaded every 2-3 weeks but when they start growing back they get all unruly. Most days I just straighten thm out with some brow gel but I want a cleaner look without them looking too sculpt-y. Still tryna find what works.

Shouts out to the pimple that decided to buy a plot in between my brows. Ugh.

Back in 2010 I did a super awesome pink eye that I want to revisit. Dang man. I missed when my hair was that short. Short hair just makes sense in this humid climate yo.

Anyways….

Any pink eyeshadow lovers in the house?

Tags: ,

Category: FOTD Friday

1. I love this look – it’s monochrome in the best way possible, and that gloss combination is just fantastic!
    Emi at Project Swatch recently blogged about Mac Rebel Lipstick Review, Swatches, PhotosMy Profile

2. Phyrra says:

Love it! Makes me wanna do a fuchsia look for Friday. Girl you look great! That lip color made me gasp out loud.
    Phyrra recently blogged about Sparkly Prom LookMy Profile

3. Myrtle says:

I like the color.. Fuchsia is perfect for her fair complexion.
    Myrtle recently blogged about Chamonix SkiMy Profile

4. Karen Lenz says:

Wow! So bright, so pretty and so awesome. Not work appropriate (unless it doesn’t really matter what mu you wear) but still freakin cool! I also checked out your older post referenced in article and your mu look is very feminine and mod at the same time. Pink es is very becomming on you.
    Karen Lenz recently blogged about Sparitual Ripple Effect With Girly Bits Hippity HopMy Profile

5. gio says:

I love it! Pinks look great on you!
    gio recently blogged about Spring Clean Your Beauty Stash!My Profile

6. m. says:

Did you use a color mascara on the tips of your lashes or is that residual eyeshadow? If it wasn’t intentional, it still looks dang cool! :)

7. Love it!!! Yeah to beauty labs!

Hey, how do you like the Cover FX foundation?
    Noire Tropical Beauty recently blogged about M.A.C. Heroine swatch: What I’m loving now!!!My Profile

8. Caitlin says:

Oooooo, do you get away with this at work? I would not be able to pull that off, but I could actually see you at the office in this. Especially in black with just a matching scarf or something–it’s like accessorizing using your face.

9. Diane Cristi says:

Wow!!! B that looks amazing on you! Nice touch to add the NYX milk pencil to brighten up the color! You must wear this out somewhere!
    Diane Cristi recently blogged about Coral LipsMy Profile

10. Munchy says:

I love it!! I hardly ever try out bright looks on my eyes. I might have to attempt it one of these days! :D
    Munchy recently blogged about My Sponged Night Sky!My Profile

11. Jyoan says:

I don’t dare to wear this kind of colors out. haha. Good one.

haha, yes, makeup is another language in itself, and I’ve found out that the more I do, the better and faster I get too!

I prefer using my baked cosmetics dry too. Somehow I am paranoid that if I use them wet, they will grow moldy faster.
    Jyoan recently blogged about Philosophy Haul @ Sephora SingaporeMy Profile

12. danielle says:

i like the brows.
    try Sinful Colors Dream On

13. Tam says:

I envy your makeup application skills. I, like you, am an acne sufferer. So, my main goal is skincare to heal and prevent, and makeup to conceal. Eyeshadows always seemed to be overload until now. Now that my skin is somewhat more clear, I want to do more eye looks, but I haven’t a clue where to start. Could you hook me up with beginner eye looks 1-2-3 style? Your look featured here is beautiful. What is your everyday eye look?

14. Pretty!!!!!!!!!
    Stefanie (IFCURVESCOULDTALK) recently blogged about VLOG: Express Yourself!My Profile

15. adri says:

The whole look is amazing but that lipcolor….PERFECTION! P.S., I love your “tweetando”!
    adri recently blogged about Leblon’s Legalize Cachaça EventMy Profile

16. natasha says:

Yep, I like the idea of Fuschia Friday!! it looks good!!!