Makeup Wars: Green, Baby. Green!

| March 4, 2013 | 15 Comments

Piccies

This installation of the Makeup Wars is alllll about greens. I wanted to crank out an awesome green look but I’ve been down and out with a terrible  cold. Aaaand, Baby Clumps has a cold too. So yeah. We’re pretty much a wreck. I didn’t want to sit this Makeup Wars out so I thought I’d feature 4 beautiful variations of emerald polishes from 2012. Emerald is Pantone’s Color of the Year. Readdddyyyyy?

Green2

This pine green is on the ‘dustier’s side of being a sparkly emerald but he was still too gorgeous to leave out. It’s the kind of green that actually LOOKS green (and not black) when you’re rockin’ it on the nails.

Green5

Live & Let Die from OPI’s Skyfall collection is an absolute winner to me. Look at how stunning that kid is! Just when you think green polishes have been done a thousand ways already, we get this beautifully rich green with with a dose of shimmer.

Green3

From Zoya’s Ornate collection (which was one epic collection, by the way) we’ve got Logan and this is by the far the greatest example of emerald. Logan is sparkly, shimmery and just…amazeballs.

Green6

Under Mistletoe is a gorgeous green from the Julie G.’s holiday collection. It isn’t as pigmented as the others but it is stunning.

As much as I love green eyeshadow, I’d much rather wear it on my nails. It’s hard to make green look complimentary without looking over the top. At least for me. But who knows – maybe I’ll get creative in the coming months.

Are you a lover of green nail polish? Check out my girls’ posts…

Tags: , , ,

Category: Nails

1. Lovely picks! Zoya Logan always has a special place in my heart <3 So pretty!
    Brooke @ BlushingNoir recently blogged about Makeup Wars – Emerald Look Featuring L’Oreal The Temptress’ Gaze Quad, The Muse’s Attitude Nail Polish and Tarte Emerald Skinny SmolderEYESMy Profile

2. Pink Sith says:

You could totally rock some green shadow. What are you talking about? You would look amazing. Still tho, those green nail polishes look beautiful!
    Pink Sith recently blogged about Makeup Wars – Emerald Green ShowdownMy Profile

3. Kelly says:

Those colors look great one you!
    Kelly recently blogged about Makeup Wars: How to Wear the Color of the YearMy Profile

4. Teri says:

Great picks! I am LOVING Logan; it really looks emerald green.
    Teri recently blogged about 10 DIY Beauty Tips.My Profile

5. Paula says:

I am ridiculous because I wanted that “Live and Let Die” polish just for the name only, because that is one of my fave bond themes ever! The fact that it is a sweet green only makes it better!

6. Lorraine says:

These are gorgous! I had forgotten about Live and let Die, now that is one unique green. what is the name of the very first shade pictured? that is my favorite of the bunch- the one you called pine green. Did I miss the name listed?

7. Pammy says:

That Zoya is so pretty!!! Great choices! :)
    Pammy recently blogged about Makeup Wars: Color of the Year: Emerald GreenMy Profile

8. Phyrra says:

Logan is gorgeous!
    Phyrra recently blogged about Virus Insanity Candi GlowMy Profile

9. Christine says:

Green is so perfect with your skintone!!
    Christine recently blogged about Free Social Media Buttons in Pantone DeepsMy Profile

10. Oooh I love these polishes!! They are gorgeous. Pantone has opened a whole new world of nail polish to me now. I love the Zoya a lot.
    MarciaF (beauty info zone) recently blogged about Cailyn Cosmetics – the way to go for longwear eyes and lipsMy Profile

11. jbrobeck says:

I definitely think nails is the easiest place to wear green! You have some awesome picks, I love that Julie G polish!
    jbrobeck recently blogged about Makeup Wars: Emerald GreenMy Profile

12. Oooh I love the pine green! My skintone looks okay in deeper greens but pure barf in the lighter ones. LOL
    Cindy (Prime Beauty) recently blogged about Makeup Wars – Pantone Color of the Year Emerald GreenMy Profile

13. Carleen says:

Awesome selection of greens! I love green nail polish!
    Carleen recently blogged about LORAC Mint Edition Swatches and ReviewMy Profile

14. OSHH says:

Funny I just got my nails a shade of green this past Sunday, but it’s more like the shade of an m & m green. China Glaze polish.

15. […] That green liner is gooooorgeous. And what a beautiful green eye! Brittany recently posted..Makeup Wars: Green, Baby. Green! […]