Cargo Cosmetics is some kind of awesome…

| April 2, 2013 | 20 Comments

So like a realllllllyyyyy long long loooong time ago, I was all obsessed with the brand CARGO. Some people are obsessed with shoes, some folx like hats (you know, like the ones people rock at the Kentucky Derby when they bet on horses), I obsess over cosmetics. Obviously. I’m not sure what happened but my love affair with them just…ended. Don’t you hate when that happens? It’s like one minute you’ll be obsessed with a song and then the next, you’re just like…over it. Okay, so fast forward a few years and CARGO and I are friendly again thanks to these press samples being sent to me. Yaaaayyyy!!!!

DSC_6560

CARGO is  currently sold in Ulta and at cargocosmetics.com, but I’m almost positive that they used to be sold in Sephora. I wish they’d go back to good ole’ Seph. But whatever – I’m just happy that I can buy them whenever now because it seemed to be that they weren’t so widely available years ago.

One of my faaaavorie things about the brand is their AMAZING bronzers. Mark my words – CARGO rules in the bronzer department. This Beach Blush in Echo Beach is absolutely lovely.

DSC_6565

DSC_6561

Don’t be silly and try to use each individual  color. No no, loves. Simply swirl a brush in there and apply it all over the cheeks.

DSC_6587

DSC_6574

Yep, that’s Elle’s little head at my chin. I’m a multi-tasking mama! Packing-wise, I love these bronzers but it’s really the longevity that make them stellar. I can use this bronzer on top of a powder and it will last a good 8 hours. Fo reals!

And then there’s the Essential Palette…

DSC_6599

DSC_6603

Who knew CARGO did eyeshadows so well? Priced well at $32, this palette in Warm Neutral is the perfeeeect everyday palette. I love how all of the shadows are matte but they weren’t chalky. In fact, the only issue I had was with the Browbone color. It was a bit frostier than I would have liked. I managed to tone it down a bit using a primer but by itself…wowsers.

Lippy-wise, I was sent the darling coral and shimmery darling.

DSC_6597

DSC_6598

A simple gloss, yes but it’s dainty and would probably be fantastic over a highly pigmented lipstick. It’s the kind of gloss that is appropriate for outdoor fancy affairs but it also works well if you need something subtle but nice.

DSC_6583

Prices:

Bronzer – $30
Essentials Palette – $32
Lipgloss – $14

Availability:

CargoCosemtics.com

I am beyond impressed with what CARGO has been doing lately. I’ve got some mascaras of theirs that I can’t wait to review so stay tuned for those reviews. Any CARGO lovers in the house? Have you ever tried the brand?

*This post contains a paid link

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Category: Eyes, Face, Lips

1. Yasmin says:

I love the gloss! Nice shimmer!
    Yasmin recently blogged about Maybelline Vivids in Brazen Berry + Full Face!My Profile

2. MaryB says:

I love Cargo. Their blushes and bronzers come in wonderful wearable colors and they last a long time. Not just on my face, either – you get a lot of product for the price you pay. I’ve loved their eyeshadows for years as well, and I’m glad they’re making them again. I don’t think I’ve ever had a bad Cargo experience!

• Brittany says:

Me neither. Cargo is awesoooome!

• KMac says:

I love Cargo. I mean loved. You can no longer find their wet/dry foundation WPD50. This is how it went down. I used to buy in Sephora. Then it was only in Sephora inside JC Penney. Then it was only at an exclusive salon here. Then it just completely disappeared from purchasing locally. None of them carry it anymore. I can still get OneBase and the Big Bronzer. Their HD foundation/powder makes your pores look gigantic and doesn’t wear the same as the wet/dry foundation did. I am just sad about it. It’s almost as if Cargo just lost its way when all of the other brands started popping up all over the place and they could no longer compete. Too bad really. They were a cut above but I don’t want to fall in love with their products for them to only fall off the planet without notice.

3. Iris says:

Those all look so good. Despite Cargo being a Canadian brand, I don’t believe I’ve seen it sold in my city. I wish it was available at Sephora.

4. T.R. says:

I have the Warm Neutral palette too. Bought it last year during Ulta’s 21 Days of Beauty. I LOVE it. They were sold in Sephora. That’s where I was first introduced to them. I had one of their lip gloss tins. I love that.

Now I gotta try that blush/bronzer. I think they are a great brand.

5. ShaSha says:

For those in New York City, Cargo is now sold at Duane Reade. Look for a Duane Reade location with a Look Boutique.

6. Tam says:

Just when I was beginning to think that bronzers weren’t made for brown-skinned girls, I happened to be wandering through Sephora and found the dark bronzer on closeout sale. It was one of the best discoveries I ever made. I wish they still sold Cargo products as well.

7. Mango says:

Hey! Cargo Laguna Blush Lover up in da house :) Its my only product from the company, which was really a challenge for me because I wanted to purchase all the shades – my purse is glad I didn’t.

I like the look of this lip gloss, its very pretty on you. I’m so tempted to try their lip products out, especially the quads and the blu ray … ah the list is endless … :)

8. Olivia says:

That little eye palette looks magnifique! ;)
    Olivia recently blogged about Jouer Spring Pearl & Tinted Lip Enhancers in Rose & Shiraz (Review)My Profile

9. Sam says:

Lip gloss looks awesome. Do you know if they have cargo in London UK?

10. Aleya Bamdad says:

I’m loving the eye shadow palette. Not only does it contain a lot of neutral colors that look good on everyone but the case is small enough to fit in your purse.
    Aleya Bamdad recently blogged about Pur Minerals Blink Mascara ReviewMy Profile

11. That eye palette looks great. Give me some Cargo! :)

12. Sam Peri says:

Cargo is one of my favorites! It’s a little bit pricey but totally satisfying. I always use my lip gloss. :-D
    Sam Peri recently blogged about How Does An Airless Paint Sprayer Work?My Profile

13. Vivian Rowe says:

I love Cargo cosmetics. My favorite is amazing bronzers. Right now, I’m planning to order another bronzer including Essentials Palette and Lipgloss through online.