Makeup Wars: Brand Wars

| October 28, 2013 | 12 Comments

Weeee, it’s time for another Makeup Wars! This go ’round we’re sharing our love for our favorite brands. Well, at least one of our favorite brands. Each girl picked a brand and we’re showcasing our favorites from that brand. Guess which brand I picked…?

Tarte Cosmetics

Yes. Yessssssss. I love me some Tarte. A few weeks back I did a post on 5 Reasons Why Tarte Rocks and if that didn’t show hard I fangirl for that brand, I don’t know what will. I could easily be an ambassador for them because I love everything that they stand for. And it’s very rare that I run into a Tarte product that I don’t like.

Tarte Lights Camera Flashes

I do wish that they had more of a wide range of products for various skin tones. I love you more than gluten-free bread, Tarte but c’mon, y’all. It’s 2013 and there are soooooo many beauty lovers of all kinds of shades. You should be catering to us all.

Tarte BB Cream

But change takes times and I’m hoping in the next few years we’ll be seeing darker foundations shades from them. And while I know Tarte is on the more expensive side of things, I can appreciate how they are regularly on QVC. Their QVC-exclusive collections give you more bang for your buck and you can pay spread your payments out a bit more.

Tarte QVC

It’s hard for a beauty blogger to pick one favorite brand but Tarte really embodies everything that I love from their natural approach, beautiful packaging and fragrance-free products. Hey Tarte, are you listening?! I guarantee you, if you add some dark skinned beauties modeling your products, you’ll appeal to a whole new demographic. You wouldn’t believe how many times I’ve heard “Well, I didn’t think Tarte was for me because I’ve never seen anyone as dark as me wearing their products.”

Tarte Wild lipstick

Well, now you have, brown girls…now you have. Go Tarte go!

Check out the other brands that my Makeup Wars sisters picked…

Tags: , , ,

Category: Featured

1. Those brushes are amazingly cute! <3!
    Perilously Pale recently blogged about Makeup Wars – Brand Wars – Featuring the Amazing Rouge Bunny RougeMy Profile

2. Tarte is one of the brands that I always look at but have never really used. I have a Tarte Cheek Stain, of course, but that’s about it. I’ll have to give them a second look.
    Alllacqueredup recently blogged about Makeup Wars – Brand Wars: M·A·C CosmeticsMy Profile

3. Pink Sith says:

Oooh. Tarte. That’s one brand I haven’t gotten into as much, but I do love their new micronized clay powder. I need to check out the Tarte brushes. I’m a sucker for a good brush. And yeah TARTE get w/ the program and get some more diverse shades of foundations, will ya?
    Pink Sith recently blogged about Makeup Wars – Brand Wars ChanelMy Profile

4. Phyrra says:

I always love tarte lipsticks on you <3
    Phyrra recently blogged about Sherrieblossom ICEbOX Skinny ReviewMy Profile

5. Raging Rouge says:

I adore tarte! The cheek stains are incredible, minty Lipsurgence is amazing, I live for the Maracuja oil… and this time of year is the best time ever! Their value sets are off the wall during the holiday season!
    Raging Rouge recently blogged about BRAND WARS: Five Reasons I Love Estee LauderMy Profile

6. MarciaF says:

Tarte is one of the brands I could have picked easily. They make so many amazing products. The QVC bag you picked is loaded with loves for me too.
    MarciaF recently blogged about Tarte full coverage concealers are the way to goMy Profile

7. Tarte has some of the best stuff! My favorite lipsticks are all Tarte and love a lot of their blushes! Great brand! I haven’t gotten anything new from them in ages. Looks like I have a lot of new things to add to my wishlist!
    Laura MyNewestAddiction recently blogged about Makeup Wars Brand Wars: Laura Mercier CosmeticsMy Profile

8. I love tarte too. I probably wear something from the brand at least every day,
    Cindy (Prime Beauty) recently blogged about Makeup Wars Brand Wars – Laura MercierMy Profile

9. Eugenia says:

I LOVE that brush!! SO cute! I also love Tarte and their clay line!
    Eugenia recently blogged about Makeup Wars Brand Wars- Inglot!My Profile

10. jbrobeck says:

I do love me some Tarte! The blushes are my favorite!
    jbrobeck recently blogged about Brand Wars – IT Cosmetics!My Profile

11. Their blushes are a true fave! I hope they expand into darker tones. I always feel brands are doing themselves a huge disservice by not including shades for the MILLIONS (billions?!) of people with more pigment! That’s loco!
    kristen @ glambunctious recently blogged about MAC Scene to Be Seen Divine Night Mineralize Skinfinish – Review, Swatches, PhotosMy Profile